Main Menu

Paisley Comic Con - 8 April 2017

Started by Fungus, 21 February, 2017, 05:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

I was surprised, too  :o
Don't be scared, the first Paisley Comic Con is almost upon us.

"Oh, when is it?!" you ask.
Sat 8th April. Possibly Sunday too, depending on your sources.

"Who's attending?!"
No-one knows! (expect I'll be there though).

"How much?!"
TBC.

Sounds great!

[Not to be confused with the frankly old-hat Beer Festival, same venue, couple of weeks later]

Proudhuff

Looking forward to Butt'mans' foodie report!  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

JUDGE BURNS

I will jump on the train from Ancient kilwinning to travel to the wilderlands of paisley ;-)    Its judgement time  for Paisley .

Dog Deever

Hmmm, too short notice to save up and book megabuses early for cheapskateness.

Incidentally, I heard recently that there will be an Inverness comic con at Eden Court again- a supposed successor to Hi-Ex. I heard about it last week only to discover it was already sold out despite the fact that barely any guests had been announced, and none of them appear to be connected to comics- all TV stars etc. Fucking weird- how can it sell out before anyone knows what's going on at it? Are people stupid, or what?

Oh, hang on... they totally are.
I might have went for a jolly had it anything to do with comics, but it hasn't- shit, I can't even troll their fb page for their sins as it appears to have some connection with UHI students and my employer (UHI) might give me a swift kick in the pay-packet for such unloved civic duties.

[/off topic] - carry on.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Avenge is to punish someone in the pursuit of Justice. Revenge is the intent to exact retribution for some harm done by another to one's self or others.

Just pretend you're an Avenger to justify the crime!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dog Deever on 08 March, 2017, 01:42:23 AM

Incidentally, I heard recently that there will be an Inverness comic con at Eden Court again- a supposed successor to Hi-Ex. I heard about it last week only to discover it was already sold out despite the fact that barely any guests had been announced, and none of them appear to be connected to comics- all TV stars etc. Fucking weird- how can it sell out before anyone knows what's going on at it? Are people stupid, or what?

I might have went for a jolly had it anything to do with comics, but it hasn't- shit, I can't even troll their fb page for their sins as it appears to have some connection with UHI students and my employer (UHI) might give me a swift kick in the pay-packet for such unloved civic duties.

[/off topic] - carry on.

I wonder if anyone round here has been 'consulted' on that?
DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 March, 2017, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: Dog Deever on 08 March, 2017, 01:42:23 AM

[/off topic] - carry on.

I wonder if anyone round here has been 'consulted' on that?

I'll see if I can dig up some more info via work and start a new thread if I can, rather than pissing all over this one more. TBH it seems a bit pointless if it's sold out already and has fuck all to do with comics.

JUDGE BURNS

Buttonman

I went along with the wife - thought I'd be comped entry as a local celebrity but apparently the sex offenders' register doesn't count.

We went at about 1pm, 2 hours after opening and it was rammed. Not many 'comic people' but loads of bloody kids. There was a talk on at the front of the hall and lots of dealers (well it is Paisley) and tat sellers.

Very little 2000ad stuff on show - the only thing I saw was a knitted Dredd helmet. I did see one 2012 Judge with a Dredd badge so I wasn't sure if it was our Judge Burns. He was showing a child his pistol at the time, so I didn't interrupt.

There was lots of stuff on sale - lots of small press and various bobble heads, belt buckles etc. The only thing we bought between us was a book of Paisley poetry which had a typo on the back cover.

Overall a well attended and worthwhile event but not really worth our 8 quid as we were in and out in 20 minutes. Hopefully our and the town's support will see the event expand and hopefully draw some guests that would appeal to this manor.

Fungus

Yeah, lots of bobble heads plus the usual merchandise too.

Took my slightly comic-resistant nephew and our 20 mins included the flip-chart quiz thing which was OK. Still no Rok #6 but it's imminent, said a BHP spokesman.

Dog Deever

Quote from: Buttonman on 13 April, 2017, 11:03:43 PM
...a book of Paisley poetry which had a typo on the back cover.

:lol:
Fantastic!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 13 April, 2017, 11:03:43 PM
He was showing a child his pistol at the time, so I didn't interrupt.

:o I thought they had got rid of the guy who does that!
DDT did a job on me