Skullmo

Subscribed - a diceman book would be good
It's a joke. I was joking.

abelardsnazz

Anyone encountered these on sale yet?

NapalmKev

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 14 March, 2017, 12:45:15 PM
Anyone encountered these on sale yet?

Not in the Southwest. Or if they are I haven't seen them.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

deanomoon

They have got them in Liverpool and surrounding areas I got mine in bootle👍👍

CalHab

Quote from: deanomoon on 14 March, 2017, 10:07:25 PM

Quote from: Molch-R on 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM
We appreciate every fan's interest in ensuring these tests are successful - WE want them to be successful too, but we also appreciate Hachette's concerns that people rushing into the test areas and bulk buying copies will skew their numbers and could put the viability of a national launch at risk. We and Hachette don't publicise these tests for that very reason.

deanomoon

Quote from: CalHab on 15 March, 2017, 08:27:22 AM
Quote from: deanomoon on 14 March, 2017, 10:07:25 PM

Quote from: Molch-R on 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM
We appreciate every fan's interest in ensuring these tests are successful - WE want them to be successful too, but we also appreciate Hachette's concerns that people rushing into the test areas and bulk buying copies will skew their numbers and could put the viability of a national launch at risk. We and Hachette don't publicise these tests for that very reason.

I don't work for hachatte so I can post what I want and I can't imagine everyone traveling all over England to Liverpool to buy a £1.99 book🤔🤔🤔

jabish

It'd be great to have a John Smith collection with Firekind, A love like blood, Cradlegrave and Slaughter bowl under one cover.

Rately

Quote from: jabish on 15 March, 2017, 09:23:40 AM
It'd be great to have a John Smith collection with Firekind, A love like blood, Cradlegrave and Slaughter bowl under one cover.

I loved Cradlegrave. Picked it up during a FP sale.

Has there ever been a sequel to the original?

JaHawkDroid

Beginning to wonder when they will start sending Subscriber copies out...

Currently got my family on high alert for local newsagents to try and snag it! Ha  :lol:

Rately

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 15 March, 2017, 10:36:39 AM
Beginning to wonder when they will start sending Subscriber copies out...

Currently got my family on high alert for local newsagents to try and snag it! Ha  :lol:

Had a wee nosey in the local Easons today in Belfast. No luck.

I'm really looking forward to arriving home some evening and finding them in the letterbox!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Rately on 15 March, 2017, 09:47:10 AMI loved Cradlegrave. Picked it up during a FP sale. Has there ever been a sequel to the original?
Nope. John Smith's hardly the fastest of writers, sadly.

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 15 March, 2017, 10:36:39 AMBeginning to wonder when they will start sending Subscriber copies out...
There's some possibility they won't, or they'll only send the first book. I recall one of these partworks (possibly Transformers) ended up with subs getting letters very rapidly that the entire test thing was done and they'd be contacted if and when it went to full series.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 March, 2017, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: Rately on 15 March, 2017, 09:47:10 AMI loved Cradlegrave. Picked it up during a FP sale. Has there ever been a sequel to the original?

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 15 March, 2017, 10:36:39 AMBeginning to wonder when they will start sending Subscriber copies out...
There's some possibility they won't, or they'll only send the first book. I recall one of these partworks (possibly Transformers) ended up with subs getting letters very rapidly that the entire test thing was done and they'd be contacted if and when it went to full series.

That would be a shame. Here's hoping that's not the case.

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 March, 2017, 02:59:11 PM

Cheers for the reply.

Hopefully he will get around to a sequel. John's stuff is fantastic.

JaHawkDroid

A friend of mine picked up the Slaine book in his local newsagents the other day and posted it on to me after he read it, and it's a thing of beauty. Honest to god, I really hope this collection goes national - perhaps mores than the Dredd collection. An 80-book library of stories of this calibre would truly be a sight to behold. And the actual quality of the book is top-notch.

Overall, really looking forward to getting my hands on the rest of the test issues, and then - hopefully - the national release.

iutley

Sadly for everyone looking forward to getting the test editions it looks like IndigoPrime is right. I tried adding my subscriber code to my online Hachette account this morning and kept getting an error message. An instant message window popped up after the 2nd attempt and I had a very pleasant chat with a guy from Hachette called Vincent.
Apparently my subscriber code isn't a subscriber code at all - it's for a one off purchase code that only applies to one book. There is no 2000AD collection at this point and so it is not possible to subscribe to it. Incidentally, the contact email in the subscription email doesn't exist either!
Time for everyone to get their fingers crossed for a full national launch!