The 13th Doctor

Started by Link Prime, 02 March, 2017, 01:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I encourage and endorse it!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 06 March, 2017, 12:00:36 AMHow about Brian Cox?
Brilliant idea! I shall write to the BBC immediately!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

O Lucky Stevie!

That tie will have to go, though.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

JamesC

JLC

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 06 March, 2017, 12:00:36 AM
How about Brian Cox?
Nope. I've heard a few 'non-actor' recommendations but this has to be the worst!

The Legendary Shark

I was being sarcastic. I think the Brian Cox suggested was actually this one .
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: JLC on 04 March, 2017, 05:38:53 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 04 March, 2017, 04:53:21 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 04 March, 2017, 04:47:01 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 04 March, 2017, 10:13:55 AM
Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 04 March, 2017, 01:09:41 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 March, 2017, 08:33:28 PM
A gender swap would be more of a stretch, but they've established "in-universe" that it can happen with the Master.

Aware as I am of the Master's transition was she was pre-Delgado or post?
Very much post. "Missy" is the latest incarnation of The Master, though it's somewhat ambiguous if she succeeds the John Simm or Alex McQueen incarnations, now the audio dramas are canon.

I didn't think canon existed in Doctor Who (partially due to all of the non-BBC trademarked bits that have popped up over the half century) - what is and isn't canon now?
The TV series, '95 TV movie, and  Big Finish Audio Dramas.

Books, stage plays, and comics are all very much "as you wish".
Yes, loved that moment in Night of the Doctor when some of the Big Finish companions got name checked.

If a namecheck means that they're now canon, then wouldn't Abslom Daak now be canon as well?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sheridan on 06 March, 2017, 09:26:46 AM
Quote from: JLC on 04 March, 2017, 05:38:53 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 04 March, 2017, 04:53:21 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 04 March, 2017, 04:47:01 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 04 March, 2017, 10:13:55 AM
Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 04 March, 2017, 01:09:41 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 March, 2017, 08:33:28 PM
A gender swap would be more of a stretch, but they've established "in-universe" that it can happen with the Master.

Aware as I am of the Master's transition was she was pre-Delgado or post?
Very much post. "Missy" is the latest incarnation of The Master, though it's somewhat ambiguous if she succeeds the John Simm or Alex McQueen incarnations, now the audio dramas are canon.

I didn't think canon existed in Doctor Who (partially due to all of the non-BBC trademarked bits that have popped up over the half century) - what is and isn't canon now?
The TV series, '95 TV movie, and  Big Finish Audio Dramas.

Books, stage plays, and comics are all very much "as you wish".
Yes, loved that moment in Night of the Doctor when some of the Big Finish companions got name checked.

If a namecheck means that they're now canon, then wouldn't Abslom Daak now be canon as well?
I'd say thats a more indirect reference, seeing as we only saw a photo of the dude.

But then again, if anyone has at BBC towers has Kurt Russels number and want to get Daak into the 3rd dimension, i'd be down for that!

The Legendary Shark

I'd love to see Patrick Stewart as the Doctor, though, or Ian McKellen. Ooh, or how about Peter Dinklage?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Paterson Joseph would be cool and one I hadn't considered. He's the Marquis de Carabas so he's already got a line in being a weird bloke who comes back from the dead with good taste in coats.

Riz Ahmed is unlikely to do it unless his immigration status gets Trumped, but it's an interesting direction.

Once upon a time I liked the idea of Daniel Kaluuya but have to admit his character in Black Mirror was probably the most serious role I have seen him in.

I would like to finally try out a female doctor or a different ethnicity, if only to make it less of a big deal.

IndigoPrime

Looking at Paterson Joseph's wiki, age might be an issue there, too: he's 52.

JLC

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 06 March, 2017, 09:25:03 AM
I was being sarcastic. I think the Brian Cox suggested was actually this one .
D'Oh! Of course!

Well he's even older than Capaldi!

Another one on my wishlist, Sally Hawkins.

TordelBack

A wheelchair-bound Doctor could be a load of fun.

And yes, I have just watched Theory of Everything, why do you ask?