Main Menu

Looking for artists, but not sure where to start.

Started by chrisfil, 05 March, 2017, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisfil

Hi everyone

I don't know if this is right place to post this, so apologies in advance if this isn't the right place.

I'm a long term reader, and budding comic book author currently working on my own graphic novel project. I'm looking to find an artist, but have no idea where to start. I'm looking to pay at least the going rates to get the right fit. Initially, I'd be looking for someone to do character designs and the first 8-10 pages initially.

My story is a sci-fi tale that begins in the present day, but with my protagonist a faded cabaret performer ending up in a future dystopian city. It's a mix of comedy and more serious topics (think each extreme of Nikolai Dante for tone). I'd be looking for someone who would be comfortable starting out with current day realistic scenes in run-down flats and cabaret bars and then moving onto something akin to 1970's/80's visions of the future with spaceships, robots and rather camp villains.

I hope someone might point me in the right direction to get me started. Thanks in advance.

Chris