Main Menu

Mimikeke doing a cover!

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 09 March, 2017, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Sometime forumer, games artist and one of 2000 AD's biggest American fans Mimikeke/Emily Zeinner who flew all the way from the US to London for the 40th has managed to bag a gig with the prog :D

https://twitter.com/EmilyZeinner/status/839565208750190592

2000 AD broke the news a few hours ago on Twitter and she's been tweeting excitedly about it ever since. A true testament to putting your art where your heart is - here are some of her unique 2000 AD fan pieces for the uninitiated :

Congrats Emily :D

Trout

TordelBack

This is just brilliant news! Congrats Mimikeke, and well deserved.

Mikey

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing it! Did I read it'll only be the second female artist to do a cover too?

And those stickers would be a great merch idea. Just sayin.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Bolt-01

Ah, that's fantastic. I saw the tweet but didn't make the connection till now. Chuffed to bits for you.

JamesC

I really, really like the version of the 2000AD logo on that wrapping paper thingy.

AlexF

Sad to say I'd never heard of this artist before or seen her astonishingly delightful work. Love that Valentine's card, excited to see what she does for the Prog! Thanks for sharing, CFM.

Oh, and for people keeping score on the 'female cover artist' front, there are at least three previous, Maya Gavin and Fay Dalton, (although technically they were both on the Megazine), and of course Angie Kincaid/Mills on Prog 330, kicking off Slaine in style.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 09 March, 2017, 10:39:18 AM
Sad to say I'd never heard of this artist before...

She was a regular (and enthusiastic) boarder here for two/three years in the wake of the 2012 film...! Contributed to a few of the art comps and calendars, too.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Go, Mimikeke!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 March, 2017, 11:57:26 AM
She was a regular (and enthusiastic) boarder here for two/three years in the wake of the 2012 film...! Contributed to a few of the art comps and calendars, too.

Wasn't she getting married too about the same time?  I seem to remember a Dredd cake topper or something "crafty" like that.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

Loving the wrapping paper, and looking forward to her contribution.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Spikes

Being made up into a droid? Grand stuff!  :thumbsup:

IIRC, Mimikeke did a cracking Hershey piece - amongst other bits - a while ago, so looking forward to seeing the end results this time round.

And those stickers are aces. Tharg really does need to start doing free gifts again...

I, Cosh

Excellent work. Finally, that Dredd/Sims crossover is one step closer!

I actually asked a lady with a homemade Judge logo cardigan at the 40th if she was Mimikeke. She wasn't.
We never really die.