Main Menu

Tales of random kindness

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 March, 2017, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So Mr Moffatt is the 'Buildin' Supervisor' at my sons school here in Sheffield. I've known him for a few years now as it was also my daughters school before that. Some how, and I assume it was something to do with a t-shirt I've been wearing or similar, we got to talking about 2000ad and it transpires that he's a big 2000ad fan. Full set, always got it that sort of thing. So when we see each other, if we have time we briefly chew the fat about the Galaxy's Greatest. He's a very nice man.

Anyway had one of those random end of holiday years days off today, as it was my wife's birthday yesterday. So I collected the kids. Mr Moffatt was stood by the doors as a chaos* of kids and parents tried the navigate the anarky of pick up time. We nodded hellos and he noted my 'I am Mekon' t-shirt and then said - oh I've got something for you.

'Oh really'

'Yeah you don't have the first few issues of 2000ad do you.' - we've discussed our respective collections.

'No, not yet, one day'

'Right I'll just nip home to get something, don't go before I'm back.' Mr Moffatt lives on site so no problem.

Get the maruding herbert that is my son after a day in reception and as we're collecting his coat Mr Moffatt comes back and lo and behold hands me pretty damned decent copies of issues 3 and 4. A little taken aback I stammer that I can't possibly accept them for nowt. He smiles and explains that he's just taken all his duplicates to a charity shop and missed these and remembered I'd like them.

How cool is Mr Moffatt! Very bloody cool that's how cool. So yeah just racking my noggin now to think what I can exchange. I wonder if he'd like the 40th print I have sitting around doing nowt... maybe my copy of Underbelly I have on my too sell pile... I'll think of something.

Anyway Mr Moffatt doesn't hang round these parts - I don't think - but I just wanted you all to know what a ghafflebette squaxx he is.

*I think that's the correct collective noun for this gathering

Smith

dweezil2

What a top bloke!

May Tharg bless hm!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bolt-01

Y'see, even squaxx that aren't here are awesome.

AlexF

That takes jolly niceness to a whole new level! Good on Mr Moffat.