Main Menu

2000ad Graphic novels I've purchased this year (I've gone a bit nuts)

Started by marko10174, 13 March, 2017, 10:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echidna

Quote from: marko10174 on 13 March, 2017, 10:09:26 PM
Er... I'll probably be getting more in the next few weeks.

The man is true to his word - Marko just bought a 2000 AD book off me on eBay.

It's great to see such enthusiasm from people like you and Rogue Judge. I've been reading the prog for the last three years and slowly catching up on old stories - mainly Dredd, and mostly through a prog slog rather than collected editions.

Hope you enjoy the book, and the bonus comic I threw in from my stash ;)

marko10174

Hey Echidna! was it "fiends of the eastern front" that you sold me? that's the last book I bought on ebay. I've also been buying old progs to catch up on earlier series of some of the strips. I've just bought a bunch to get the stories of "Finn" and "Skizz" two stories from my childhood. Thanks for the kind words, I am truly addicted to 2000ad now, just about to finish Strontium dog search and destroy file volume 4 and then I'll be reading the final solution tomorrow, and from there straight in to Durham Red the scarlet cantos trilogy. Thanks very much for throwing in the bonus comic as well, really appreciate it :)

Echidna

Yep, that's the one. Don't get too excited, it's just a spare I had lying around :)

marko10174

EDazzling

Obviously the spirit of the 40th has taken a few of us...

Aside from the John Smith and Peter Milligan books, every single one of these has been bought and read in the last 14 months.

(I'm not a billionaire, I sold an equivalent amount of X-Men books to fund this endeavour)

Dredd Shelf #1

Dredd Shelf #2

Dredd Shelf #3 + Zenith and my Pat Mills books

Strontium Dog, Durham Red, Rogue Trooper, Hewligan's Haircut, Lobster Random + Extreme Editions of Revere, Firekind, Slaughterbowl, and The Dead/Tyranny Rex

John Smith, Peter Milligan, Alan Moore, a bunch of meg floppies + miscelaneous others.

EDIT: Oh, and there's that Rian Hughes book with Dare and Really and Truly in it somewhere...

SuperSurfer

Good collecting EDazzling.

I like the way your forum post looks like a bookshelf.

Smith

Well,I recently sold all the Vertigo stuff I had to fund my own thrill seeking.Ofc,my collection is much more humble then EDs. :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: EDazzling on 18 March, 2017, 09:15:14 PM
Obviously the spirit of the 40th has taken a few of us...

Aside from the John Smith and Peter Milligan books, every single one of these has been bought and read in the last 14 months.

(I'm not a billionaire, I sold an equivalent amount of X-Men books to fund this endeavour)

Well have to say that a pretty good swap right there and those pictures are pretty fantastic too. Great stuff.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Echidna on 18 March, 2017, 07:23:52 PM
I've been reading the prog for the last three years and slowly catching up on old stories - mainly Dredd, and mostly through a prog slog rather than collected editions.

A prog slog would be a great way of reading through Dredd, and the other titles too - you wouldn't miss a thing! Do you have a good long run of the progs? I dont have any progs as of yet but would like to buy a few here and there to experience the progs as they were meant to be read.

@EDazzling - How long have you been collecting? That is a thorough collection! I see you are lucky enough to have the collection of the Complete Bad Company, this is one I have been wanting a while but it is out of print.

marko10174

Echidna, thanks for the bonus mag, both strips arrived today. I've never read that JD story so it was actually a very nice treat!

Edzalling your collection is mouth watering, one day I hope to compete with you!

Rogue Judge, you've never bought any progs? saying that, I only started back up with 2000ad from prog 2011. I have my original progs from my child hood, there's about fifty of them, and I've bought about another forty back issues progs to complete some of the on going strips. You should start up a prescription buddy.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: marko10174 on 20 March, 2017, 07:59:23 PM
Rogue Judge, you've never bought any progs? saying that, I only started back up with 2000ad from prog 2011. I have my original progs from my child hood, there's about fifty of them, and I've bought about another forty back issues progs to complete some of the on going strips. You should start up a prescription buddy.

Hi Marko, I started reading 2000 AD about a year ago and have been furiously collecting/reading the traded collections since then. I don't have great access to the weekly progs where I live (in Canada) as only one comic store here carries the progs (unfortunately not the one I go to). I tried to get my hands on prog 2000 and the 40th special to no avail...so for now I am content reading the trades but do plan on grabbing progs eventually.

Dash Decent

The webshop here is the best way to get the prog if you only want the occasional issue, Rogue Judge.  I stick to the trades but I always try to get the End of Year prog and any specials.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

marko10174

Hi Rogue Judge. Yeah, it's a real shame 2000ad isn't more accessible in Canada or the states (from what I've heard. Maybe we'd get more movies if it was bigger over there.

Smith