Main Menu

Rebellion Interview On 2000AD Game licensing

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 April, 2017, 09:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Trade magazine interview with Jason Kinsgley can be read online

dweezil2

Sounds like some positive news on future 2000AD games!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

I do like the idea of a Helltrekers game. Kinda one of those free online games (I'm playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes at the moment) with pay bits. It would be nice to have that sort of game with a definate end and there's loads of flex in the different functions you'd be trying to get people to throw money at!

Hope this all goes well for you proper gamer types.

IndigoPrime

The lack of a comma in that speech balloon disappoints me. Not good, MCV. Great quote with Jason about buying 2000 AD though. "Yes, I bought it on Saturday as well." (As for Helltrekkers, I imagine something on mobile like Oregon Trail or even Death Road to Canada could work quite well.)

The Amstor Computer

I imagine Helltrekkers could work quite well as a kind of semi-randomised, narrative (and gruesome death!) heavy title -  imagine 80 Days with horrific ends for half the characters :) Not sure how you'd go about monetising though - a single upfront payment would be ideal for me, but that's not the route for the majority of mobile games.

Mobile isn't an easy market, but I think there's room for a small range of thoughtfully-designed 2000AD-themed titles - and I suspect the main audience for the prog would be more receptive to titles that were less like your typical mobile money-sink (i.e., we're older and maybe more interested in games that are thematically or mechanically similar to stuff we were familiar with from formative experiences with gaming in the '80s/'90s).

Art

Something like Reigns with a Helltrek theme could work a treat.

IndigoPrime

Also, if they ever want to do a Chopper/Supersurf game, Rebellion should talk to Oddrok.

Sandman1

Error...

Smith

Whats interesting to me is the mention of a pitch for an arena fighter game.Did he meant a Dota-clone type game?That could work.

Steve Green

An arena fighter game would be fun. Lots of potential for special moves.

Fear with his mantraps/face of fear gag.

Dredd doing the Gaze into the Fist of Dredd thing.

Rogue with Bagman dispensing micro mines

Not sure how you'd handle weaponry like Dredd's Lawgiver or Johnny's Blaster. Maybe a limit where it can be used sparingly.

Smith

And the microtransactions are where the real money is. ;)