Main Menu

What was your best game?

Started by Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK, 22 April, 2017, 09:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

when you were young, what was your best game? You know, the one you would ever lend anyone. For me it was this. Cant beat vagina sharks.

WhizzBang

I have never heard of Space Gun.

My favorite game was this (on the ZX Spectrum):

I also spent many hours on The Lords Of Midnight, Football Manager and Bomb Jack.

Greg M.

Chaos - the ZX Spectrum's finest hour:

NapalmKev

My favourite game as a young'un was Psycho Fox for the Sega Master System.

Honourable mentions: Rastan, and Actraiser - also Master System.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

I remember the cover to Psycho Fox. Never got to play it though. My mum probably didn't want me playing a game with the word Psycho in the title. Fair enough I suppose. Haven't gone to jail yet.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

WhizzBang

Odd that it says 'One to two players' instead of 'One or two players'

Professor Bear

Tomb Raiders 1-3 and the Command and Conquer games for the PS1 and the Grand Theft Autos on PS2 ate up a shocking amount of my free time.  At one point I was let go from a job and my first thought was "great, I'll get to play more San Andreas."

I vaguely recall the ZX Speccy and 8-16 bit stuff like Mad Max and Story of Thor, but revisiting them via emulation sites wasn't a great idea.

dweezil2

Quote from: WhizzBang on 23 April, 2017, 12:50:22 PM
Odd that it says 'One to two players' instead of 'One or two players'

Checked my copy of the game and it's as I thought, you take turns in playing.  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Professor Bear

If the Nintendo Switch doesn't do it for you, the next iteration of ZX machines, the ZX Spectrum Next, is out tomorrow.  Has a whopping 5MB of RAM, apparently, but more importantly supports all original Spectrum peripherals and games, and comes with HDMI output so you can enjoy all 256 colours and both sound channels on a HDTV and no I don't even know if I'm joking anymore but THIS IS A REAL THING THAT IS HAPPENING.

Nintendo could learn a few things from that. Why do I feel I need one so badly? Damn you nostalgia!

repoman

Quote from: Greg M. on 23 April, 2017, 08:10:43 AM
Chaos - the ZX Spectrum's finest hour:

This is a good shout.  I had a game of this earlier this week and ended up in a draw against a wizard who was surrounded by my Magic Fire and about to die.  Galling!

I love it but I do prefer Rebelstar 2 which is the best Speccy game for me.

My all time favourite game is such a hipster choice but here it is.  King's Bounty, an old top down RPG/turn-based strategy thing.  It was best known on the Amiga and a bit on the Megadrive but I've got a better-than-perfect port of it for Windows Mobile 6.  I've had to keep my super old phone to play it on.  Like the phone I had ten phones ago. 

milstar

Well, the game i mostly remember I played voraciously in my childhood was Blood by Monolith. It had cool weapons, unique level design (which was something breathtaking to me) and cool enemies. Also, it had wicked sense of humor, but I remember it as well for ridiculous amount of grotesque violence (like from earlier Pter Jackson movies) and for I still was new for save/load system and play using keyboard and mouse (as by default the game control were mostly on keyboard). So I died a lot, and it took me a very while until I managed to get thru all levels.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

broodblik

Wizball on the C64, what an awesome game:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

wedgeski