Main Menu

I may get shot for this...

Started by marko10174, 23 April, 2017, 09:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Quote from: Goaty on 29 April, 2017, 05:29:17 PM
Trolls.

Never trust the intentions of anyone without an avatar is my motto.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

positronic

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 April, 2017, 06:29:30 PM
Actually, Positronic's logic has its appeal: as someone who has never been satisfied enough with even a single panel of art to consider it finished and submit it for publication and grab all the grubby money I would surely earn, it follows that I am the greatest 2000AD artist of all time. I laugh at all these greedy quitters throwing in the towel and publishing before their art has been perfected in every particular.

And you've clearly proven it's not possible for anyone to prefer one artist's work over another's while you're at it.

positronic

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 April, 2017, 05:46:00 PM
PositRONic, if you made fewer posts would their overall quality improve?

Tough to say, but possibly.

Let's make a rule then. All posts must be 40 words or less.

Or conversely, would the quality of The Legendary Shark's posts improve if he spent more time on them?

It seems easy to tell who's posting on phones.

Andy Lambert

This thread has gone from discussion of a topic to taking pot shots at each other and it's become very tedious. Can we please treat each other with a civil tone or put a lid on the whole thing? Sadly, the thread doesn't appear to be going anywhere but downhill...

SIP

I think at this point the thread has just become a challenge to positronic to see how many of the long standing  boarders he can alienate in a single discussion. To be fair, he appears to be doing very well.

positronic

I never set out to alienate anyone, but I'm done responding to the pot-shots.

Tjm86

Quote from: Dog Deever on 29 April, 2017, 03:56:58 PM
Apocalypse Dreadnought. Ron's work on this was the only good thing about it, and in glorious colour too.

You know, I had to really dust off my memory on this.  Fleischer's RT run wasn't it?  Absolutely.  Much as I'm not a fan of Ron's work it was impressive under the circumstances.  Didn't he also get lumbered with Chronos Carnival?  One thing I will give him is that he can draw wonderfully bonkers aliens.  Not like Star Trek; "give the man a mask, he'll be fine!"

Ultimately I'm sticking with one, to me, unassailable truth.  As much as there are artists who's artwork is not completely to my taste, the great strength of the tooth is twofold; firstly the eclectic selection that caters to a wide taste, and secondly the sheer quality.  Whatever else you want to say about Ezquerra, Langley, Smith or any of the rest, I have never seen anything of the sort of calibre that sometimes graces the pages of the two America giants.  Exhibit A: Rob Liefeld and his 'big breasted Captain America'.  Exhibit B: Jon Bogdanove's Superman work. 

Colin YNWA

Well one thing I will say having tried to ignore this thread for so long is DAMNIT you folks have managed to sustain it when just about all relevent posts (and a few irrelevent) ones have been made a while ago.

Can we not just let this thread drift into cheesey memory?

...which of course I'm helping by posting on it again. GODDAMNIT I'm an idiot ...

please die thread, please die...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]