Main Menu

Refresh My Dredd

Started by Matt, 30 October, 2001, 02:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

32 postings in my inbox this morning and all but 4 on the subject of Scojos dialogue....AAARRRGGHH!!! C'mon green guy you're in charge around here, put an end to this Punch & Judy show once and for all.

Anyway on to what I really want to talk about. What happened to Edgar at the end of Doomsday? I can't really remember & can't be arsed to dig out the progs. Am I right in thinking that due to PSU's failure to stop Narcos she was demoted to prison warder  out in the Cursed Earth? The same facility that Armon Gill is currently serving in? That was Edgar in one of the final frames of this weeks prog wasn't it? H'mmm, the possibilities that this poses are worth pondering over. And Wagner still left the possibility of Narcos having transfered his brain into the head of his Robo Butler, who is now in Edgars service. Or am I completely wrong?

Jim_Campbell

> Anyway on to what I really want to talk about.

Gahh! Isn't there a SPOILER policy on this board?

If not, can we have one?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Matt

Sorry Jim, I was a bit over zealous in trying to start a topic of conversation other than my script is brilliant...no it isn't...yes it is...no it's crap...no you're all fools for not understanding it...no it really is shit..etc I forgot I got my prog before it hits the shelves.

MATT

Jim_Campbell

> Sorry Jim, I was a bit over zealous in trying to
> start a topic of conversation other than my script
> is brilliant

No, nuff respec' and stuff for the intention, and I'll be happy to talk about the prog when I get the damn thing ...

Cheers

Jim

Thread Zero

Matt,

I don't know if you are right about Narcos transferring his brain to his butler.

I can't remember that!;o)

I think the Narcos affair is done and dusted with.

scojo

Matt

I  know, we never saw that happen. But think about it. Nero Narcos stages one of the most well planned coups in Mega City history & at the very end of all that very careful planning he just suddenly gives himself up for a one on one scuffle with Dredd? A bit out of character for someone who likes to operate behind the scenes. They only found a fragment of his brain tissue after blowing him away. Then his robo servant enters the service of one of the most powerful figures in justice department? C'mon he switched heads once before. I just didn't buy the ending of Doomsday. It seemed to be such an anti-climax to both The Scorpion Dance and The Pit before it. Narcos is just too clever to have never considered planning an escape. I think I remember someone writing in to input with the same suggestion. Am I way off track with my theory?

Thread Zero

Matt,

I don't know if Wagner would want to write Doomsday 2.

I reckon he wouldn't.

So I think it isn't going to happen.

scojo

pauljholden

I don't know if it would be doomsday 2, but I'd imagine Wagner likes to plant seeds which he can draw on whenever he's hit a creative drought (writing dredd week in week out he's bound to hit the occasional "what am I going to do this week" moment). So I'd imagine that these things will bear fruit eventually.

- mr c

Matt

Neither do I, but Edgar still has an axe to grind with Dredd & with her, Narcos & Armon all in the same place, I think trouble is only around the corner. Watch your back Dredd.

Thread Zero

Maybe Mr C.

But the Mechanismo saga was never reslolved.
Remember that?
The robots tried to kill McGruder in the Wilderlands story yet no reason was ever given.

I think Wagner sometimes get sloppy with Dredd continuity.
The Mechanismo/Wilderlands storyline is the best example of that.

scojo

pauljholden

Nothing you've said contradicts what I said, I think Wagner likes to plant things, it's then up to him if he wants to draw on them. He shouldn't be made a prisoner of his own continuity (after all, how many people are expected to keep 20 years of history in their head and plan the next 20?).

As long as the big facts don't contradict themselves I don't really care about the occasional dropping of an issue.

-mr c

pauljholden

Just got this weeks prog, ah yes. It's rather a good dredd, making sense of all the previous stuff. I really enjoyed it.

mr c

Jim_Campbell

> I think Wagner likes to plant things, it's then up to
> him if he wants to draw on them

Obviously, I haven't read this week's prog yet, but if Gill is in the same place as Edgar, then I definitely think there's trouble a-brewing ...

And, speaking of sleeping plotlines, I'm sure there's something major to come out of Dredd's hints that he might consider the Chief Judge's job next time it came up ... what with a younger, fitter Dredd already on the streets in the form of Rico ...

Cheers

Jim

Matt

Speaking of CJ, what is it with Hersey at the moment. She's turning into McGruder MK.2. Stern faced, looks a bit like a bloke. Not at all like the foxy babe that first appeared in The Judge Child. Must be that high ranking positions in Justice  Dept. turn all females into Thatcher eventually. Watch out Anderson you'll be turning into Anne Widdocome next.

Jim_Campbell

> Watch out Anderson you'll be turning into Anne
> Widdocome next.

*shudder*

Cheers

Jim