Main Menu

Messageboard Spoiler Policy

Started by Mk13, 30 October, 2001, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk13

From now on, can people please use the word 'SPOILER', preferably in caps, in the subject line of any posts dealing with key plot points from new or recent progs.

Please also bear in mind that although you might get your Prog on the day of publication, we have a number of overseas readers using this board who may not see the current issue for a number of weeks.

Thanks

Mk13.

Thread Zero

Mk,

I am still reading Prog 999.

Great ending to the Pit!
Here's to next week and the big Prog 1000!

scojo

Dominic O'Rourke

serves those antipodean ex convict booker prize winning pom hating thrill suckers right though dosn't it!!! ;)
Member No. 10

O Lucky Stevie!

Please also bear in mind that although you might get your Prog on the day of publication, we have a number of overseas readers using this board who may not see the current issue for a number of weeks.

speaking of which, i picked up the latest prog over here in oz last week, turned straight past tor cyan & durham red to pussyfoot 5 (which i have been enjoying immensely), loved the labelling on the vent door ("CL/CHE" indeed, john!), still no sign of the alleged "psychobabble" that was harped on about like the chorus line in a greek tragedy on this board, turned the pages, read, oh dear that i imagine that would hurt a lot indeed, turned the page, still no "psychobabble" in sight, the suggestion of ominious events awaiting our intrepid adventures by the vatican... what's this aat the bottom of this page: "the end"?

looking forward immensely to the next story, john.

cheers,
steven l'enfant terrible

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Thread Zero

No pyschobabble in a John Smith script?

John is the king of make it all up star trek it is'na gonna hold cap'n dilithium crystals malarky!

So he is.

scojo with blasters set to stun

El Spurioso

John's material is psychobabble in the same way that 'From Hell' is completely made-up and bears no sign of reasearch whatsoever.

O Lucky Stevie!

John is the king of make it all up star trek it is'na gonna hold cap'n dilithium crystals malarky!

sorry, scojo, but i have to disagree with you there.

john's stories & the characters within them are deeply embedded in real world concepts, art & culture, magickal lore & extrapolations on cutting edge science. unlike star trek & the onerwhelming majority of "media sf" which rehashes generic sci-fi props & tropes which are either based on invalidated theory or smoke & mirrors created by pulp hacks to hide their naivety.

(eg "hard light holograms"--geez louise, what part of light don't you understand? red dwarf had the most logical & realistic take on hologrammatic characters, & rimmer was a satirical response to trek).

thus john's characters don't bog the storytelling with great wads of exposition no expository dialogue from them; meaning is revealled by the readers own knowledge & the dramatic context in which they are spoken. would you explain the underlying principles behind the video cassette recorder & television transmission every time you ask your mum to set the vid so that you don't miss baywatch cos you want to surf the net instead?

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

W. R. Logan

>From now on, can people please use the word [backslash]'SPOILER[backslash]', preferably in caps, in the subject line of any posts dealing with key plot points from new or recent progs.

Bear in mind that the message board has pre set subjects, and spoilers is one of them. Instead of just sending everything under the 'General' subject tag.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Wake

When the original message about spoilers appeared, there wasn't a Spoiler category, so I made one (and I've just put it in CAPS).

If you have any suggestions about other categories for this board, please let me know.

Wake

Thread Zero

Mk13

>How about the scojo category?

Er, no.