Main Menu

"Funk you!" -- Prog 1387

Started by The Amstor Computer, 26 April, 2004, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 September, 2011, 10:40:50 PM
Quote from: Judge Olde on 13 September, 2011, 05:04:24 PM
I decided to try & re-read Low Life, as I've arrived at the current party a bit late. It didn't set the world on fire back in 2004 exactly, is it worth the time to catch up on the back story & do I really need to, in order to fully appreciate the current 2011 story?
Quality necropost. I'd say it's worthwhile reading it as there's not really that much of it. As to whether you need to: not really. I think the seeds of the current story only go as far back as that one time Low Lie was in the Meg and the two D'Israeli ones.

Yep. The early stuff focussed very much on Aimee, didn't it? It only "became" Low Life when the focus shifted to Dirty Frank.
Lock up your spoons!

Judge Olde

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 September, 2011, 08:12:57 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 13 September, 2011, 10:40:50 PM
Quote from: Judge Olde on 13 September, 2011, 05:04:24 PM
I decided to try & re-read Low Life, as I've arrived at the current party a bit late. It didn't set the world on fire back in 2004 exactly, is it worth the time to catch up on the back story & do I really need to, in order to fully appreciate the current 2011 story?
Quality necropost. I'd say it's worthwhile reading it as there's not really that much of it. As to whether you need to: not really. I think the seeds of the current story only go as far back as that one time Low Lie was in the Meg and the two D'Israeli ones.

Yep. The early stuff focussed very much on Aimee, didn't it? It only "became" Low Life when the focus shifted to Dirty Frank.

Roughly when was that?

radiator

I'd recommend getting the mega city undercover trade (or even better the new low life book) and starting from the beginning. Mainly because a) there's some really great artwork in those early stories and b) it's probably best to get up to speed with all the supporting characters. In any case they're all worth a read - istr enjoying them, with the possible exception of the one set at a gig/festival, which is a bit of a stinker.

It is quite a different strip in it's early days, though. Very downbeat and gritty.

James Stacey

you can get the MegaCity undercover book on Ebay from Mongoose for a quid + PP

Judge Olde