Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

I thought Moon was ok, but it didn't blow me away.

Watched the Warriors last night. CAAN YOU DIG IT?

Bat King

Judge Minty.

Brilliant, go see it if it comes to a convention near you!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dandontdare

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 14 November, 2012, 01:53:49 PM
I thought Moon was ok, but it didn't blow me away.

Love that film. Whenever I have to pick up a few glass bottles, I can't resist clicking them together on my fingertips singing "Wa-rr-iors, come out to pla-ay!"

Spikes

It is a superb film, the Warriors that is, but by 'eck - that directors cut is crap.

radiator

I heard about that, bought the old  DVD version instead of the director's cut Blu Ray because I heard its so crap.

Dandontdare

I didn't know there was a director's cut, it's years since I've seen it - what were the differences? (and I just realised I quoted the wrong part of the post above - d'oh!)

On another topic, has anyone seen part 1 of the animated Dark Knight Returns? I only found out about it last night from a mate  - I'd bought him the book for his birthday becaue he calims to be a comic fan but had never read it.

Spikes

Quote from: radiator on 14 November, 2012, 05:45:57 PM
I heard about that, bought the old  DVD version instead of the director's cut Blu Ray because I heard its so crap.

I bought it cold, and havent watched it since - at least not in that version.
The Bluray might have been a fairly essential purchase, if it had included both cuts.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 November, 2012, 06:33:15 PM
I didn't know there was a director's cut, it's years since I've seen it - what were the differences?

No re-instated footage (unlike the extended U.S TV version), its just that, at a good few points throughout, animated transitional elements are now included.

willthemightyW

Payback
Pretty good film, doesn't take itself too seriously yet manages to be gritty* when it needs to be. I read Parker: The Hunter and absolutely loved it, so I watched this, now I'm trying to get Point Blank (the Lee Marvin one).
Probably about to watch Payback: Straight Up edition which is the directors cut.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

willthemightyW

* don't like using that word, couldn't think of anything else
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Colin Zeal

Those comic inserts to The Warriors really do make a good film so much worse. I haven't heard one person say that they like them and it's amazing how just one change can have such a massive impact on a film.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 15 November, 2012, 02:23:12 PM
Those comic inserts to The Warriors really do make a good film so much worse. I haven't heard one person say that they like them and it's amazing how just one change can have such a massive impact on a film.

I can honestly say I didn't mind the inclusion of the comic segments. Although they add nothing to the story, at the same time I don't think they ruin the film.

The last film I watched was SKYFALL. First 10 mins were quite entertaining but on the whole I found the film far too long and talkie. Exposition is fine but a lot of the dialogue in this film seems woefully unnecessary. The plot itself is ok involving -*Spoiler*- the theft of a disc detailing the real identities of undercover British agents. But as a film it's poorly executed, and very boring!

I think Bond is past it's sell/use by date!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Keef Monkey

Playing The Warriors PSP game for the first time at the moment (there were some old copies of stuff kicking about at work) and it's really making me hanker for the movie. Really fun game, captures the movie brilliantly.

Spikes

Frank's long lost love letter.

Guess this should really be in the You-tube gold thread, but at just under an hour, its practically a film in itself.

Recently discovered, and included on the US bluray,but annoyingly left off the British version.
And Lynch offers us his take on America's Got Talent around the 25 minute mark. Enjoy.

willthemightyW

Psycho (the original)* and then A Scanner Darkly.
I love both these films!

*How could they cast Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates in the remake? So miscast...

Buttonman

The Sweeney - quite enjoyed it but it was really uneven and confusing. Winstone is good value but as an actor Plan B is a good singer. The twists [spoiler]'After this raid let's move in together' - uh-oh![/spoiler] are pretty obvious as is the product placement - would the Sweeney really be driving the latest Ford family hatchback?

Some of the action is pretty frantic but it's that annoying action where 1 million bullets equals one small hit. Could have been great but it disappointed with a 'how's that again?' ending.