Main Menu

2000 AD Android app - now live!

Started by Molch-R, 14 January, 2015, 10:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Ah my confusion there. I'm forgetting I used to buy through Clickwheel, everything from when I switched to buying direct from the 2000AD store is there and unlocked (I'd forgotten the timeline of when that happened)!

A shame it doesn't grab the Clickwheel stuff too (I'd gotten the impression that was still a Rebellion thing) but not a huge deal I guess.

IndigoPrime

I'd love to get more comics pieces on to Stuff, so if people would tweet and FB the hell out of my wee interview with Molch-R (about the Android app and Rebellion ID), that'd be lovely: http://www.stuff.tv/judge-dredd-comes-android-2000-ad-app/news

Steve Green

Colin YNWA

Done and now that's there I can finally return to the Meg. Very pleased. First I waited for my device. Then I waited for the app... tomorrow a sub will be mine!

Will Cooling

Formerly WIll@The Nexus

IndigoPrime

I doubt it would straightforwardly, given that Kindle Fire isn't really an Android device in the normal sense, but an Amazon dispensing machine. If you're a brave sort, there are guides online, though, about downloading and then sideloading Google Play apps into a Kindle. However, whether the payment and subscription stuff would work is another matter entirely.

Gladwin

Quote from: Will Cooling on 15 January, 2015, 11:00:36 AM
Does it work on the Kindle Fire?

If you have to make payment through the app then it will not work. Marvel Umlimited you can use on the kindle even though the amazon app store does not offer it, because you pay outside of the store, and use it as a client to log in, and pull down what you want to read.

mrketch

I currently have a subscription through iOS and lots of purchases. How do I log in to the android app to access this?

IndigoPrime

As I understand it, the Rebellion ID doesn't yet work in that way. Right now, you can access DRM-free versions of content purchased on Google Play or Apple Newsstand. In the future, it's planned that any purchases will be available across all platforms.

Pyroxian

Quote from: mrketch on 15 January, 2015, 06:54:50 PM
I currently have a subscription through iOS and lots of purchases. How do I log in to the android app to access this?

You need to log into the iOS version with your Rebellion Store account (or create a Rebellion ID in either the iOS or Android App). Then log into the Android app and your purchases should appear (You may need to do a restore purchases on the iOS app first).

Rebellion need to do a FAQ for this...

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fontwell Magma

If you subscribe through the Android app, how do you later download the CBR from the web store to add to your digital collection? I can see all of my previous digital purchases to view in the app but can't find where I would redownload them in the web store so I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to get the progs like that if I subscribed. I like having actual soft copies of everything rather than just relying on the app..

Hope that makes sense!

Quote from: Fontwell Magma on 16 January, 2015, 02:29:26 PM
If you subscribe through the Android app, how do you later download the CBR from the web store to add to your digital collection? I can see all of my previous digital purchases to view in the app but can't find where I would redownload them in the web store so I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to get the progs like that if I subscribed. I like having actual soft copies of everything rather than just relying on the app..

Hope that makes sense!

This will be possible once the next stage of the Rebellion Account System has been completed

Fontwell Magma

Pyroxian

Quote from: Fontwell Magma on 16 January, 2015, 02:29:26 PM

Hope that makes sense!

The PDFs are downloaded to an Android\data\com.rebellion.app2000ad\files folder on your device, which should be accessible when you plug your device into a PC and access it as a usb storage device. If not, they will probably be accessible through an internal file viewer on the device and you can copy them to a folder where you can then transfer them to your PC.