Main Menu

Has someone finally melted Judge Dredd's stony heart?

Started by Molch-R, 29 October, 2012, 02:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Thuis is soo going to make the Homophobes squirm!!!
DDT did a job on me

radiator

Molch-R

Quote from: radiator on 25 January, 2013, 01:04:01 PM
Nice one on getting The Independent to cover this!

Thanks. And The Times, and Sky, and the Daily Mirror, and the Irish Indi.......

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Molch-R on 25 January, 2013, 01:14:20 PM
Quote from: radiator on 25 January, 2013, 01:04:01 PM
Nice one on getting The Independent to cover this!

Thanks. And The Times, and Sky, and the Daily Mirror, and the Irish Indi.......

Gay sells! Dunno if this a good thing or quite sad though...

radiator

Brills.

As far as I'm concerned, Dredd's sexuality is entirely irrelevant - which kind of makes this a fascinating talking point.

I think this is the exact sort of thing they were trying for - usually unsuccessfully - during the late nineties with B.L.A.I.R. 1/the Sex Issue etc - get people talking about the character.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 25 January, 2013, 01:19:10 PM

As a means to an end (getting more people to pick up the Prog) its all good. I do think over all though its pretty damned sad that comics character's sexuality is still the stuff of papers these days. For Christ's sake (on irony intended) its 2012 shouldn't the press covering this have moved on on two fronts

1) Someone being gay, who cares being gay or not really shouldn't be an issue any more and I think (I think I might well be wrong) for the majority of people it no longer is?

2) The fact that a comic has a gay character, haven't we done the 'comics touching on 'adult' themes' thing by now. I mean really.

Still if it helps shift the prog I'll be a hypocrite, shrug me shoulders and say all good.

(I'm not saying that's why the stories there by the way, to attach attention. Not by any stretch, but that doesn't change the fact that it drawing attention doesn't half make me sigh.)

vzzbux

Shame that trivial topics KDPE rather than brilliant storylines that the Wagner droid hit us with time and time again.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Banners

Dredd's about 90. If the other chap is correctly described a "youth", then there should be more of an outcry that Dredd's been outed as a nonce.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 25 January, 2013, 01:41:10 PM
For Christ's sake (on irony intended) its 2012 shouldn't the press covering this have moved on on two fronts
It's 2013 Grandad. Get with the plan ;)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 25 January, 2013, 01:19:10 PM

As a means to an end (getting more people to pick up the Prog) its all good. I do think over all though its pretty damned sad that comics character's sexuality is still the stuff of papers these days. For Christ's sake (on irony intended) its 2012 shouldn't the press covering this have moved on on two fronts

It is pretty fucking sad, really. PJ Maybe became the secret Mayor of Mega-City One! The Dark Judges returned for the first time since the '90s! The Sovs wiped out 352 million out of 400 million cits! Truly gamechanging events in the world of one of Britian's premier comic action heroes and nobody could care any less, while Spiderman changing the colour of his uniform  ::) is considered worthy of headlines.

Throw them a 5-page comedy one-off and suddenly they're falling over themselves to report because it's set in a gay club. Lord above.
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Come on Jimbo, deep breaths, think of the kittens...

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: James Stacey on 25 January, 2013, 02:54:34 PM
For Christ's sake (on irony intended) its 2012 shouldn't the press covering this have moved on on two fronts
It's 2013 Grandad. Get with the plan ;)

It is SHIT when did that happen. You know I seem to remember something like this happening this time last year...

COMMANDO FORCES

We need another team up with Devlin, or at the very least get Devlin back in his own strip again!

mogzilla

surely this is all gonna end with dredd arresting all the jimps ? gay ,,straight all perps are perps.