Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: GordonR on 25 October, 2016, 02:18:49 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 October, 2016, 02:13:28 PM
I remember watching some documentary as a kid, where it showed some prehistoric structure like a ring-fort or something, possibly in Scotland.  The stones were all melted and it seemed to be a mystery how it happened, with the documentary saying that burning all the wood in the country couldn't produce the heat needed for it.

I think, nay, know it was alien heat rays.

Of course it wasn't, but I'm just wondering if anyone can fill in the gaps in my memory; now that I have the internet to research this kind of thing.

A google search on vitrified forts Scotland will get you where you need to go.

And, yes, there's perfectly ratiional explanations for them, using the heat-producing technology that was available at the time.

Come now, heat doesn't come into it.  It's clearly sonic liquification caused by time-displaced Dilluvials.  Where's Thryllseekyr when you actually need him...

But yes, Gordon is right - last time I looked (a few years back), analysis of the vitrified material suggested temperatures below 850C could have caused the effect - which is well within the range of Bronze Age pottery kilns, never mind Iron Age/Early Medieval furnaces, so presumably achievable with a well-constructed bonfire, possibly symbolising the utter destruction of an occupying dynasty. 

M.I.K.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 October, 2016, 03:36:03 PM
Given that almost everyone and their elderly mother now carries a camera capable of shooting 1080 HD video, usually with autofocus, auto exposure and image stabilisation, it's amazing how no one who ever sees a UFO or mythical beast ever seems to have one on them...

As I'm sure I've said on here somewhere before, they do. It's just that nowadays folk on the internet are able to tell you what it more than likely actually is.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 October, 2016, 03:09:26 PM
If you have any news on this fuzzy, out of focus cryptid please, keep it to yourself.

I'm going to give my opinion anyway, because here's the video that image is taken from and if you look to the left of the picture you can see that it's clearly  just the vengeful spirit of Greyfriar's Bobby a tree stump.

Grugz

trouble is with these things that you cannot prove they don't exist just as much as folk cannot prove they do exist, bigfoot will always be poo pooed as its humanoid shaped and can be faked ,I am a believer that a large ape like creature could live in these remote places without being seen readily ,you know gorillas exist and where but I doubt you could trot off into the forest and find one just like that and if bigfoot posseses a semblance of intelligence it could avoid us...the only way to prove them of course is for one to wander into town blind drunk from a hooch still it found.
   things are being discovered all the time including things we were sure were extinct (coelacanth) I just wish they could find a dodo.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I like the idea that areas like the Pacific North-West and Himalayas are so vast that there's a chance of an undiscovered Saquatch/Yeti/Qwyjibo. However much I like the notion, it's a bit like saying outer space is vast and you can't prove there's not an undiscovered teapot up there.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

"There'a no proof Bigfoot DOESN'T exist"

Except, you know, no North American non-hominid primates exist, or have ever existed.

M.I.K.

Not strictly true, but there certainly have been any for several million years, (that we know of). The chances of Bigfoot being descended from one of those is about as likely as Nessie being a plesiosaur.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 October, 2016, 08:09:41 PM

Except, you know, no North American non-hominid primates exist, or have ever existed.

Maybe bigfoot ate them all
You may quote me on that.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Mister Pops on 25 October, 2016, 08:56:54 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 October, 2016, 08:09:41 PM

Maybe bigfoot ate them all

You've been watching to many X-File re runs.

Everyone knows the Jersey Devil ate them all.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

blackmocco

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 25 October, 2016, 03:09:26 PM
If you have any news on this fuzzy, out of focus cryptid please, keep it to yourself.

It's 2016 and people still think Bigfoot is real, good grief.

After experiencing the scale of the Pacific NW forests, it isn't hard to see how that particular myth stays alive after all this time. It's so vast, it seems conceivable to me a creature of reasonable intelligence could remain concealed in there.

My gf's from Oregon and she knows someone who claims to have encountered ol' Sasquatch. As with everything, I'm skeptical until Bigfoot actually bites me on the arse (and I actually see it) but the person in question believes without a shadow of any doubt that's what he encountered.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

sheridan

Quote from: blackmocco on 25 October, 2016, 11:13:45 PM
My gf's from Oregon and she knows someone who claims to have encountered ol' Sasquatch. As with everything, I'm skeptical until Bigfoot actually bites me on the arse (and I actually see it) but the person in question believes without a shadow of any doubt that's what he encountered.
No, no, officer - I didn't bite blackmocco on the arse, it must have been sasquatch...

sheridan

Quote from: Grugz on 25 October, 2016, 07:15:03 PM
trouble is with these things that you cannot prove they don't exist just as much as folk cannot prove they do exist

Quote from: Mister Pops on 25 October, 2016, 07:52:06 PM
I like the idea that areas like the Pacific North-West and Himalayas are so vast that there's a chance of an undiscovered Saquatch/Yeti/Qwyjibo. However much I like the notion, it's a bit like saying outer space is vast and you can't prove there's not an undiscovered teapot up there.

I was going to mention Russell's Teapot!