Main Menu

TWOTHY TV - RESULTS AND PRIZES!

Started by Bad City Blue, 19 May, 2016, 03:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Wotcha, creeps!

A very inventive compo this time around, with some wonderful mashing ups of Twothy characters and TV shows.

We had a runaway winner, however, with The Legendary Shark's interpretation of Steptoe & Son mixed with Tyranny Rex, of all people.

Very amusing it is, and reproduced here for your entertainment.

Honorable mentions go to Lobo Baggins, Echidna and Zippocreed for high marks as well, and of cousre everyone else who entered.

It's a tough comp to love, as people would rather a quick look st scrotnig fan art rather than settling down to read a story, even a 500 word one.

Personally, I find this comp a joy to read every time as you really never know what yer gonna get.

I will put on my thinking cap (the one that goes up to 4) and get a new topic up as soon as it materializes. Any suggestions are welcome to my inbox.

So that's a AD Graphic Novel to Sharky (thanks as usual to Rebellion), and a random voter, who this time round is...

RAGGEDMAN

Winners inbox your addresses please. Everyone else, please keep supporting the comp.

Salutations, scuzzpucks

BCB

Steptoe and Son

The Grease and Grime Warp

Harold opened the door, drawing Tiffany after him. "Pater, is you still up?"

"What's that pong?"

"Oh Gawd," Harold said, "I thought you was in bed."

"Clearly," said Albert. "Sneaking in at this time, you should be ashamed. What's that pong?"

"That is fine Parisian perfume, Pater, not something the scrubbers you knock around with know about. I do apologise, Tiffany, Father can be somewhat blunt - not to mention pig-ignorant."

Albert growled. "That's not perfume, it's 'ormones."

"Oh, Pater," Harold forced a laugh. "You is a card. Say hello to Tiffany then clear off, will you?"

"Lizard 'ormones! I've smelled it before, in the trenches."

"Father, please..."

"I know you. Your name's not Tiffany, it's Tyranny!"

Harold gritted his teeth. "I'm sorry, my dear, but my father is quite old and completely off his rocker. He gets these flashbacks to the war, you see, and..."

Tiffany raised a hand to the brooch at her throat. "It's all right, Harold. Mr Steptoe's Right." She twisted the brooch and a startling transformation took place. Instead of a demur young lady there now stood a female lizard. "Hello Albert, how've you been?"

Albert sneered. "Be a lot better if I didn't have to look at you again."

Harold gaped. "I... but... what..."

"She was all over the trenches," Albert snarled, "working for an outfit called Indigo Prime, or some poncey thing like that. Could've ended the war in an hour with all her gizmos, but oh no, she let thousands of us go to our deaths. 'Can't spoil the time-lines,' she said. Huh!"

Tyranny shrugged. "That's the way it is, Albie."

Harold spluttered. "'Albie'? You know him?"

"'Course she knows me. What do you want?"

Tyranny smiled. "You still got the dimensional twangulator?"

"Said I'd keep it safe, didn't I? It's in my room, disguised as the inlay on my Edwardian commode."

Tyranny nodded and mounted the stairs.

"I do not believe this," said Harold, head in his hands. "I finally meet a bird who's literally out of this world and you already know her. It's not fair."

"Stay away from her. She flits about all time and space keeping the dimensions intact, or some old cobblers."

"For that 'Indigo Prime' outfit you mentioned." Harold's enthusiasm rose. "Here, that sounds good - maybe they's recruiting. I bet there's a place for a man with my talents in an outfit like that."

"A rag-and-bone man?" Albert leered. "What you gonna' do? Hawk 'round Mars and Jupiter for old bedsteads? You're better off here with me, son. Trust me, I know."

A low rumble shook Oil Drum Lane.

"I'm going to ask her to take me with her, away from this pig-hole."

"Too late, Harold, she's gone. That's what that rumble was."

"Oh my good Gawd, I'll never get out of this rotten place."

"You'll be glad you stayed. She might be sexy but just wait 'til she shoves her tail up your Aris and see how you like that."

Harold scowled. "Oh, you dirty old man."
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Heath C Ackley

Congratulations Lord Sharky from a fellow Galton and Simpson fan. Praise as always to BBC.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Echidna

Praise is indeed due to the BBC, but more importantly to BCB ;)

Well done TLS and, as always, florix grabundae to TMO

RaggedMan

Great winner!

Can't believe I just won a GN for reading a bunch of really cool stories. The universe doesn't normally worj this way.
Will aim for an entry this time.

Cheers BCB

The Legendary Shark

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed my effort, and to Rebellion of course. There was, as usual, some excellent and stiff competition and I feel lucky to have nosed ahead of the impressive field.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Lobo Baggins

As it happens, I've just chanced upon the very theme tune to Sharky's winning entry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_o1jQkFD3I&feature=youtu.be
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.