Main Menu

Elder Scrolls on-line

Started by Emp, 23 November, 2012, 10:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

This sounds really great and will be on my PC as soon as its released.http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Given the size of Elder Scrolls games this is overdue and if we are very very lucky may lead to the long awaited Fallout on-line (but given all the legal woes of Fallout I won't hold my breath).

Professor Bear

The Fallout 1 and 2 legal woes have been done with for some time now - that was why the first thing they did when they got the rights was give F1 away for free on Steam.  As someone who bought it on a disc that then - like all software - wasn't compatible with Vista, this delighted me no end.

TordelBack

So does this mean I can be called a faggot by 12 year-olds while looking at some really pretty landscapes? 'Cos I could just go to Newry for that.

Emp

Newry? Why the hell would you go to Newry?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Emp on 24 November, 2012, 12:58:07 AM

I ask Ulsterbus/Bus Eireann drivers that all the time.
You may quote me on that.

Emp

TordelBack

Newry, somewhat implausibly, is probably the most beautifully situated large urban area in Ireland, really challenged only by Galway and Belfast. Set just up the Clanrye from the quasi-fjord of Carlingford Lough, with the Slieve Foy ridge of the Mournes to the north, and the Cooleys to the south  It's a dramatic setting that in another life could rival places like Lugano or Cape Town, if it wasn't such an utter shithole. 

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 November, 2012, 09:22:37 AM

Newry, somewhat implausibly, is probably the most beautifully situated large urban area in Ireland, really challenged only by Galway and Belfast. Set just up the Clanrye from the quasi-fjord of Carlingford Lough, with the Slieve Foy ridge of the Mournes to the north, and the Cooleys to the south  It's a dramatic setting that in another life could rival places like Lugano or Cape Town, if it wasn't such an utter shithole.

News to me! Will tag along the next (normally all-female) shopping expedition and see for myself!

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 24 November, 2012, 09:24:55 AM
News to me! Will tag along the next (normally all-female) shopping expedition and see for myself!

You need to look really hard.  Much like my vision of Elder Scrolls Online, all the beauty is obscured by the works of all the other gobshites that are there too.

Emp

So Newry would be a better place if everyone under the age of 25 was removed?

I can see the benefits :D

ThryllSeekyr

You know, I never got the impression that from playing the other three Eldar-Scrolls games, but the MMO does suffer from making everything in it look like they are little miniature people playing in a much larger neatly coiffured garden.