Main Menu

Weekly Shonen Jump Weekly update (hopefully)

Started by IronGraham, 05 November, 2013, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Adventurer on 01 September, 2016, 05:49:22 PM
But, lol, more manga orphens.
I think it could grow to the point where that's not going to have much baring on the plot. Look at Black Clover, Asta and Yuno started out as orphans and that never been mentioned since!

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Jeeesus! Kochikame has been running for 40 years, and was always one of those titles that, despite never reading you just assumed would live forever.

Serious respect to Akimoto working under the weekly serialisation format for four decades!

Hawkmumbler

6 chapters in and i'm finding Astra Lost in Space remarkably entertaining. A little cliche, perhapse, but a lot of fun and there are far worse comics on the market you actually have to pay for as well!

Hawkmumbler

Is it me or is the art in Red Sprite ch 2 noticeably worse than in ch 1?...

The Adventurer

Hawkmumbler

My Hero Academia: Vigilantes chapter 1: If you set your expectations really low, you might enjoy it. Otherwise it's a shadow of the main series, such a misguided treatment of a great concept.

The Adventurer

Red Sprite has joined the Jump line-up (next issue)!

But so has Love Rush.  >:(

Hawkmumbler

Kochikame eyebrows, Kochikame eyebrows everywhere!

Hawkmumbler

So, Amalgam of Distortion, any thoughts?

Stupid it maybe, but I did enjoy it plenty enough and the art is GREAT!

Hawkmumbler

Todoroki's story line continues to be one of the best aspects of the overwhelmingly excellent My Hero Academia. It see's every time we see another layer or aspect of his relationship with Endeaver I just get sucked in, it's such a strangely REAL issue, of abusive parentage and discrimination.

Hawkmumbler

The Adventurer

I've literally not read more then two pages of it.

I NEVER do that, I even skimmed Nisekoi all the way to the end.

Hawkmumbler

I can sum up the few issues I tried to read, if you like?

"Monster Musume clone, male protagonist rape gag, pages full of boobs and blushing, Borat thong gag-urk...fade to black."

Yeah, Love Rush made Nisekoi look like Ranma 1/2.