Main Menu

Planet of the Apes Archive Vol. 1

Started by Rogue Judge, 24 March, 2017, 05:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

I am a big fan of the Planet of the Apes (comics and films), so this solicitation for a series collecting the fantastic Apes comics from the 70's magazine is very exciting! I own several of the magazines and these are some awesome comics featuring apes, mutants and aliens, with absolutely fantastic artwork. Solicitation below:

Planet of the Apes Archive Vol. 1: Terror on the Planet of the Apes
Format:     Hardcover
Dimensions: 400 pages, 10.88 × 8.19 × 0.98 in
Published:     August 22, 2017
Publisher:     Boom! Studios
Language:     English

Experience the legendary Terror on the Planet of the Apes, collected for the first time ever, and remastered in prestigious archival hardcover. This classic series follows two friends—man and ape—on the run from the law.
Renown writer Doug Moench (Batman), the visionary co-creator of DC Comics' fan-favorite villain Bane and Marvel's Moon Knight, joined forces with legendary artists Mike Ploog (Ghost Rider), Tom Sutton (Doctor Strange), and Herb Trimpe (Incredible Hulk) in this timeless tale of two unlikely friends coming together for the adventure of a lifetime.

Colin YNWA

Oh that is very tempting, very tempting indeed.

Mattofthespurs

A must buy for me.
I have all the UK Marvel comics but none of the US series.

Hawkmumbler

Tony Angelino

I remember seeing this solicited in Previews some time ago but it got cancelled. Probably some argument over the rights. I'm pretty likely to get this. I like Moench's work from that period and Ploog was a great artist.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Rogue Judge

A solicitation for volume 2 has been released as well!

Planet of the Apes Archive: Beast on the Planet of the Apes Hardcover – Dec 19 2017
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Boom (Dec 19 2017)
Language: English

Experience the legendary 1970s Planet of the Apes originally published by Marvel Comics, collected for the first time ever, and remastered in prestigious hardcover. This volume also collects Moench's original stories, Kingdom on an Island of the Apes and Beast on the Planet of the Apes. A must-have for any Planet of the Apes fan!

The Planet of the Apes Archive includes the screenplay adaptations from acclaimed Hollywood screenwriters, for Planet of the Apes by Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone) and Michael Wilson (Lawrence of Arabia), as well as Beneath the Planet of the Apes by Paul Dehn (Murder on the Orient Express). Both screenplays were adapted into comics by renowned writer Doug Moench, the visionary co-creator of the Batman villain Bane, and Marvel's Moon Knight.