Main Menu

What happened to Prog 1947?

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 05 September, 2015, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Thrill suckers nabbed 'em. This will forever be the prog that time forgot.

Jim_Campbell

An invoice for having the guttering fixed on the doormat today, but still no prog. :-(

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 September, 2015, 12:31:13 PM
Its Marg I tell ye!

QuoteThrill suckers nabbed 'em. This will forever be the prog that time forgot.

Y'know, what's amazing is that if this was the reason given, we'd probably accept it...

Molch-R

Looks like there was a breakdown at our distributors and they didn't get the Progs in the post until Friday. They should be arriving today and tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Molch-R on 07 September, 2015, 01:56:33 PM
Looks like there was a breakdown at our distributors and they didn't get the Progs in the post until Friday. They should be arriving today and tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

THRILL-SUCKERS.

:-)

Jim

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 September, 2015, 02:03:32 PM

THRILL-SUCKERS.

Jim

See?

Proudhuff

THRILL-SUCKERS.

IT WAS MARG!

Not Jim
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 September, 2015, 04:17:55 PM

THRILL-SUCKERS.

IT WAS MARG!

Not Jim

See?

hippynumber1

Good news - mine was waiting for me when I got home from work. All is well with the world.  :D

McNulty

Still not got mine. Sometimes it doesn't come in on a Saturday, but then it always arrives by the Monday...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 07 September, 2015, 06:27:23 PM
Good news - mine was waiting for me when I got home from work. All is well with the world.  :D

Same here... except... well the Prog ain't that good this week. Dredd ends pretty weakly. There is certainly enough there to intrigue and it'll be getting a re-read while I hope will stand it in good stead. The problem is as was becoming increasing clear the solution, as someone mentioned the other week (sorry I forget who and I'm too lazy to ask) was a[spoiler] bullet laced off switch[/spoiler], the tale deserved something a little cleverer and maybe when the whole epic is read as one it will actually be so. As it stands tonight a real let down after a cracking story.

The Alienist I've not really bought into and all the twists and turns this week haven't changed that, though again when re-read maybe it'll hold better? The 3riller has been just plain ordinary, which by 2000ad standards translates as poor. Who knew Mortis was such a chatterbox. This Dreams of Deadworld one lacked the menace I thought it would hold.

So Grey Area takes the prize this Prog and to be honest it didn't take much, not the best episode of this story by far... but ya know.

So yeah very disappointing Prog, all the more so due to the tease of the delay. Still good things around the corner one hopes.

Colin YNWA

Sorry posted this in the wrong thread. I've copied it across to the review thread, could a mod delete it for me?

Proudhuff

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 07 September, 2015, 06:27:23 PM

^^^ me too me too!
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Nothing yesterday. That means (hopefully!) I'll get it today... the same day as non-subscriber plebs! I shall be penning a letter to my MP.

Cheers!

Jim

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 September, 2015, 09:29:59 AM
Nothing yesterday. That means (hopefully!) I'll get it today... the same day as non-subscriber plebs! I shall be penning a letter to my MP.
Did you know you can buy a digital copy at 00:01. Not many posties up at that hour I shouldn't think.
We never really die.