Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

Dreddzilla,
Good question on the female hair option.

I have just sculpted Hershey's Bob hair for a custom of her figure and still fits a dremelled out MEZCO Dredd helmet.

For me I say:-

So for short hair sculpt.
McGruder's ponytail say rooted.
Anderson Rooted.

TheTooN

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 May, 2016, 06:28:37 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 26 May, 2016, 06:24:58 PM
Sculpted for me. Rooted hair would make it seem to much like a doll for me. Although I suppose they are almost the same thing.
::)

I don't even like real clothes on a figure for that very reason. Rooted hair definitely crosses the figure/doll divide.

As a kid in the 70's I never liked toys with clothes for similar reasons, always felt a bit like dolls even if it was Evel Knievel or Action man.

I didnt come across toys again for nearly 30 years when my nipper came along. Boys toys were all sculpted and it wasnt until I got the bug myself that I saw clothes again on Hot Toys. Hit and miss for me in 1/6th mostly down to the stitching being too big and spoiling the illusion. I've never bought a female character in 1/6th as the hair looks weird.

I never would have believed clothes could be done so well in 1/12th. Stitching is barely visible on the ones I have. Death looks superb, Sam's T and waistcoat are spot on, trousers could have been better but the seams are good. Mezco Dredd in b/w and black are both perfect. Both Disco Dredd's have an annoying double seam or whatever its called at the outer top of the thighs. Neither of the other other variants do so it must be something to do with the material used on Disco.

I've looked at Mezco's Star trek figures but the jerseys look poor imho. Weave/pattern or whatever its called looks too big and all I see is a mego doll from the 70's. Shame as I'd have loved a Star Trek display. I've skipped Mezco Batman as well due to the stitching on his pants and the material used on the body suit.

If I see a doll its a miss for me. I'm hoping their new Marvel line wont be similar, I'd really like to get into those if I can get past the clothing.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: TheTooN on 27 May, 2016, 09:13:52 AM
As a kid in the 70's I never liked toys with clothes for similar reasons, always felt a bit like dolls even if it was Evel Knievel or Action man.

It worked ok sometimes:

Dreddzilla

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 27 May, 2016, 01:38:36 PM

It worked ok sometimes:

Both look like they are wearing F4 themed footie pajamas. :lol:
BTW will we ever see Tharg in 1/12?

teckno viking

I Got in touch with Bamberland due to a technical account issue. However I decided to be cheeky and ask on the DREDD release.

"Dear Customer:

The Judge Dredd will be released in the 4th quarter 2016, we apologize for the shipment delay."

Well by all accounts seems THREEA are living up to their Reputation :(

TheTooN

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 27 May, 2016, 01:38:36 PM

It worked ok sometimes:

:lol:

I didnt have any as a kid, only seen them online since the collector bug bit. As cool as any vintage line out there tho if thats your thing !

Post that comment up on here and see what Gregory says Jason. Seems odd that he would say late Q2 if the rest of the team had Q4. Summats off at one end or the other, dont sweat until he replies dude !

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/

Banners

Quote from: teckno viking on 28 May, 2016, 10:05:02 PMThe Judge Dredd will be released in the 4th quarter 2016, we apologize for the shipment delay."

If that's true, delivery will be practically a year after they've taken our money. I know 3A's intransigence adds to their allure, but we really should be getting official updates via email. And perhaps they should throw in a sweetener by way of apology for such a long delay.

What's the big deal anyway? I accept that 3A are perfectionists, which again contributes to their appeal, but based on what they've shown so far, surely they just needed to make a few tweaks and then ramp up to production?

It takes less time to create a human being!

teckno viking

TheTroon, just registered and signed up and posed the question to Gregory.

Have to say if true Bloody annoyed as only last week he assured June this year for release. Plus being Bamberland is supposedly their premier means to purchase you would think they have a finger on the threeA pulse.

TheTooN

I didnt think you were on there so asked myself too. Hopefully its a mix up and on track. No point chuntering about it until he replies. My experience of customer support in most any company is they couldnt explain how to scratch your arse the way their company says you should :P

If it is delayed maybe its for UPGRADES to beat Mezco ? Always look on the bright side I guess ;)

teckno viking

Well here's hoping but had hoped they had it all sorted by now LOL

Dreddzilla

:'( Disapointed, but not surprised. I'm of the mind that if the finished product is really good, then it's worth the wait. I'm hoping this means 3A is making sure they get this figure (and I'm assuming future figures) right.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 May, 2016, 06:28:37 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 26 May, 2016, 06:24:58 PM
Sculpted for me. Rooted hair would make it seem to much like a doll for me. Although I suppose they are almost the same thing.
::)
I don't even like real clothes on a figure for that very reason. Rooted hair definitely crosses the figure/doll divide.
WTF? Genuinely didn't think this place could get any more mental.

Artificial representation of a human with scaled down (or up I suppose) accessories. Pretty much the dictionary definition of the word "doll." Might also be a specific use of "fetish."

I would definitely buy a Devlin Waugh figure if it had all right articulation.
We never really die.

Dreddzilla

Now some are wondering if they can get refunds from 3A. I geuss they just can't wait. :-\
Then again we were promised a late June release so I geuss I can't blame them for being a little upset.

teckno viking

Well it's only been since back end of Nov 2015.  When I pre ordered Sideshow's Snake Plisskin that was a year and a half near enough. With NO updates.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: teckno viking on 29 May, 2016, 06:07:04 PM
Well it's only been since back end of Nov 2015.  When I pre ordered Sideshow's Snake Plisskin that was a year and a half near enough. With NO updates.
WHOA! That is rough. :o