Main Menu

I Want to Make Short Film!

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 24 December, 2014, 11:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

While Blender promises potential awesomeness... I will put my use of it on Haitus as I don't think I wll come up with anything using that right now.

I have however downloaded a simple animation program called PAP4 and now realise I may have relearn my left hand with stylus or right hand with mouse to sketching/drawing/colouring skills.

I have some idea what I want to do now after some though last night and this morning and have been collecting pictures of typical Irish countryside including background picture of the famous New Grange Burial Mound, and lots of bog land. I have also got some pictures of the field in Carnac where all those stone are standing in almost straight lines. Not that they look so much as awesome as Mike MacMachon's. The real ones seem to be the lesser version, yet they do look very big when ever a person is seen right next to one. The field of them does not to appear to be anywhere near as big as they were drawn either. You know, it did seem like there was vast expanse of them put up over the entire country side. There is also the  lush grassy ground around them that naturally isn't right for something that drained the land of life and made it sour.

So, I may either have to draw/pint those in over picture of barren desert, or snip and paste them.

I going to also have to redraw Slaine. My own version of him, but I figured I would shown him in various phases of the video wearing the same clothing all the well known artists have drawn him wearing.

I have no wish to directly copy anybody else's work either. Despite the initial plagerising I will be doing anyway. After I figure out I can do this and what I promised. I will try to get official permission to do this small work that could possibly drum up more interest in Slaine and the possibility some movies (To rival Star Wars and the Conan films!) or hit television series.  (To rival Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and The Viking!)

I will try to obtain permission from the correct parties  and find out if I need to offer sum of money hopefully not to grand for myself to pay. Before I upload anything to You-Tube.

ThryllSeekyr

I've put this little project of mine on the back-burner until I figure out how to use Blender and Make-Human exactly the way I want to.

Actually, after I had first started doing the tutorials of these applications, I then decided I wanted to use something that would involve more of my talent and less of software I can get away with using without not using it at all. I know that sounds silly, because I need to use a computer at least. The most basic of things, then I realised I would need draw or redesign the character my own way. the same way each Slaine artist has put their own spin on him.

Otherwise, I'm not sure who I should ask first for permission to go forward with this as talented as I am right now and using their versions.

I then though, that I would like to try the most basic of animation software available rather than use Blender. As the reliance on this much powerful software is daunting and also make the whole idea of computer animation, design model or pictures for films, television and gams sound even cheaper. I might want to proof o my own talent without foundations that have already been laid by people before me.

I have a pretty good idea of what I would like to do now and after fruitless searching through what ever free animation software I could find to do the exact job I want with out me using prefabricated works already provided giving anybody no idea of how good I might be in the first place.

So, I relented and decided to return to Blender. For now, I don't want to make something that doesn't require full 3d characters with full detailed backgrounds, lighting and other atmosphere effects. Because right now, I believe less is more and much easier to  so off my version....

Music was a problem too. I also decide I wanted to make my own and using authentic computer simulations of instrument that would suit the material. Something like the Irish-Flute and or the Bodran drum, and then adding something like electric guitars.(Because if the very same modern influences in Slaine .....  but those music Apts don't have what I want here exactly and it was hard to come up with my own sound. I also listened to numerous pieces of traditional Irish folk music,  folk metal, Celtic metal, and Irish Pub rock and then to instrumental pieces based on [b[Celtic Fantasy[/b]. Yet, they all seemed wrong. 

All the while I really wanted  a  instrumental version of Horslips 0Deargdoom or their Trouble With a Capital T and even found some thing a fan guitarist had done a medley of on  You-Tube . (I put up a link on the You-Tube-Gold thread.

I will definiltely ask that fellow (If I can contact him.)  for a full version Of what they did and permission to use it. I will ask all related parties for their permission to use everything I need for this to work, to happen the way I need it to.

Still, I not sure I want to take that direction with the music......

Any suggestions from any of you there?

I could pick any soundtrack from any film I guess as well.

I found the High-Definition version of that Horned God trailer.

Not sure, if any of you had seen this version before, but everything looks much clearer...details stand out like fortress at the beginning, then the next shot of Ukko in one of it's high towers and the details of his face that were formerly hidden in shadow.

Even the shot of Medb walking away from the camera into Slough Feg's labrynthine home (That alien archictecture is reminiscent of the work of H.R.R. Giger there!) her body, her legs really stand out. against the background of that cave entrance and again with the first appearance of Slough Feg when he stands up before his horribly toothy close up. (This was one of the parts I hated originally. I didn't think the artist had quite the right idea about this one!) and the improvement in details continues the rest of the way through this fan-short. Another part worth mentioning, is where Slaine in that horned-helmet with fur-cape is facing away from the camera admiring the background landscape with the wind noticeably causing a ripple in the latter.   

Great stuff, often reproducing some of the pages from the original graphic novel itself in a similarity that is almost too startling to believe. 

The Fortress of Dinas-Emrys against the setting sun. Yet, only if you squint, because there definitely is departure in some of the details here that are now more obvious in HD.

Ukko scribbling at his work desk in the tower.

Again, I repeat the vision of Mebd walking (With her back to viewer) deeper into Sorcerors cave while holding a flaming torch aloft. Revealing her legs as she walk away and Slough Feg crouching at the back of one the larger cavern strew with Neolithic wall art. 

Ukko 's face in close up as he briefly faces the camera before returning his attention to his work.

The close up of Rudraige introducing Niamh to Slaine. Obviously unaware of them having previous and carnal knowledge of each other. This shot and all the other of Niamh are surprisingly harder on the eyes than most fans (Including myself!) might normally expect. (Putting it politely!) While it's hard and perhaps even wrong to stereotype what women of good Rath-Grainian stock should appear. I think, Glenn Fabry and Simon made it clear that she doesn't bear any resembalance to the known and unknown pre-human races. The Tuatha-De-Danaan were definitely good looking folk where being overweight (for the purposes of the Tribe and the Red Branch!) and having missing limbs were considered (For the purposes of being considered of Royal stock!) to be very bad form. Sorry, if this really offends Sara Mattioli (Who played the part!). I'm sure she doe look better on regular basis. I once found a picture of her (not long after this trailer was first revealed to me!) with darker hair and while I noticed the same tell tale negatives of hers looks. They should not essentuated these qualities so much and photo shopped a bit more humanity into her face. Otherwise too much collagen and some bad rhino-plastic-surgery.   

Slaine pleads with Gann to temporarily part with the Spear of the Sun while sharing a feast of Turnips. The fork in his hand is a very important detail here as he gestures with it to drive his point home!

Both Instances when the Flaming Spear of the Sun is shown where it's kept and in close up with the audible screaming and the other three gifts from Atlantis. The Stone of Destiny being cradled by the last of the great Beaver-folk in his under water grotto.A Half-Dead rising from the Cauldron of Blood (While Cathbad watching it from behind in the background is more noticeable and for the first time ever quite strange. Almost like he gets off on Zombie-Butt!) Unless, I have overlooked it, there is no panel in the in the showing
Niamh handing Slaine the Sword of the Moon!

Slaine holding both the Sword and Spear aloft amongst a crowd of his people after been crowned with the horned-coronation-helmet by Danu herself and the extreme close up of Slaine wearing the same helmet. Both these visuals shown in reversed as apposed to the original GN. 

There is also the same shot of Slaine facing mountainous country side in front of him, while facing away. Noticing the subtle movement of his fur-cape in the wind for the first time. This is actually, on the very last page of the GN in surprisingly sparse detail.

The Pan-Dimensional Dragon summoned by Medb attacking a fortress in Finias with a gout of flame This one stands out, it's so obvious.

The sky ships flying in the background. Four of them flying in the heavens. Especially if you ignore Slaine in the foreground urging his followers on to deeds of glory!

Danu's face (The Blodeuwedd Maiden of Goddess!) appearing amongst some flowers.

Drune-Swords marching from the south, part in centre to let three antlered Drune-Priests to pass through.

To make amends on my claim to make video to rival Miguel's. I would like to include that I merely wish to give my own worth's to it and draw more attention to this character via You-Tube. Sure, I have now realised that my own talent and expertise cannot match his work, but I sure would love to give Slaine a more Hibernian less]b]Iberian[/b] theme.

I'm pretty sure they're all from the north unless somebody can explain. Those that were worshippers of the Earth-Goddess and the other tribes down south follow Crom. Technically they're in Spanish territory down south.

Although, it's always been a mystery to me if the Spanish culture was what it became known. Weren't they the Aztecs as well, and when was that exactly if I'm right about that one?

So, I trying to reckon where the Celts who settled in Ireland and rest of the other island came first and how the got there.

First, I hear they are based on tribes of mixed Indo-Europeans who eventually migrated west.

Now I read that, they occupied the Spanish region first and it was Iberion-Fishermen (I'm not taking that bit of information seriously just yet!) who made they're way up north to finally settle as the well known Irish-Celts of today.

The Hibernian ones!

Sure it may be possible the the dark haired Celts like Slaine and his mum and dad, his foster father and few others might have been within a generation those that worship Crom. (Yeah, I know I'm mixing History with Myth here and trying to find the happy balance!)

What I would like to know exactly is if this was true, then what people were the Northern-Celts were like. Did they actually speak Old-Irish with a strong southern accent like they spoke English (If only for the sake of brevity!) in that fan-made trailer or......

Continued Later......

The Legendary Shark

m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Simple-Animation-in-GIMP-or-Photoshop
www.bloopanimation.com/animation-for-beginners/
www.creativebloq.com/animation/tools-animations-10134750
picklebums.com/2014/07/09/make-simple-animation/
www.makeuseof.com/answers/create-short-animation-video/
www.angryanimator.com/word/2010/11/26/preston-blair-how-to-animate/
www.synfig.org/cms/
https://www.muvizu.com/
tjfree.com/best-free-2d-animation-and-cartoon-software/
m.en.softonic.com/s/free-cartoon-animation-software
mashable.com/2010/10/27/create-animations-online/
blogtimenow.com/free-lists/best-free-2d-animation-softwares-cartoon-creator/
www.freewarefiles.com/category_3_32.html
Etc
Etc.
Etc...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Simple-Animation-in-GIMP-or-Photoshop
www.bloopanimation.com/animation-for-beginners/
www.creativebloq.com/animation/tools-animations-10134750
picklebums.com/2014/07/09/make-simple-animation/
www.makeuseof.com/answers/create-short-animation-video/
www.angryanimator.com/word/2010/11/26/preston-blair-how-to-animate/
www.synfig.org/cms/
https://www.muvizu.com/
tjfree.com/best-free-2d-animation-and-cartoon-software/
m.en.softonic.com/s/free-cartoon-animation-software
mashable.com/2010/10/27/create-animations-online/
blogtimenow.com/free-lists/best-free-2d-animation-softwares-cartoon-creator/
www.freewarefiles.com/category_3_32.html
Etc
Etc.
Etc...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ThryllSeekyr

Still Working on my own version of a Slaine trailer.

Oh dear.....

I never said I was try for a film, was going use my trailer to get the rest of people who saw that other trailer and still were that moved. Although, I doubt right, I could top it in terms of getting the right people in costume
and visual effects that would make fantastical parts more believable. No, I'm truly sorry about about and my claims that I said that it might rival Star Wars & Lord of the Rings bi-twin-trilogies. (Bi as in bisexual and fully applicable to both men and women.)

Every so often I keep finding on the net that remind me of my faux-pledge to do this and try to continue until I hit another brick wall.

It was earlier this week when I found that thread here, about the new Hawk the Slayer film being put back into development. So, I brought a digital, download of this film's original soundtrack and have been employing various sound-editing applications that would help me to extract the whistling from most of the tracks and manipulate in ways that may give me a more legal foothold on using this noise for the sound track of this trailer without being sued.

Of course, I give the all appropriate names credit and would like to offer them moneys if I can afford to. Any body concerned including you know who. Providing they are not embarrassed to be associated with this project and/or otherwise try to get me to cease and desist.

On the more visual side of this...I keep shying away from using Gimble, Blender because once I have those mastered and decide to just use them. I wouldn't be much better than everybody else that uses these....kind of like overuse of this type of FX-wizardry would amount in some localised cataclysm that may see southern continents swallowed beneath the waves. 

I even though of asking other people who already know this stuff, but then again. Why wouldn't they be already. ....

Is it Money?

Or lack of vision and need to fill something that may already be full.

Anyway, If work ever comes to fruition is some sort of success, then I may ask if I can improve on what I did replace the animation with real people in realistic costumes.

Who know, maybe Val Kilmer could play every role in this as well as the famed Knucker dragon if it could speak and you would believe he was the voice of sports car from the latest series of Knight-Rider.

As if big name actors could accept any paltry sum I would give them or I wouldn't feel/look silly asking permissions (That's why I haven't...seriously not snubbing anybody here...) for something I won't finish due to hitting to many brisk walls.

Back to drawing boards and or video games during down times and when ever I need to get my buzz back on.

ThryllSeekyr

I've still doing stuff related to my project here on and off ever since I first announced my plans here.

Even though, I'd much rather do the animations from scratch or even just draw them on cardboard and cut them out and film them at a pain takingsly slow pace.  I lost my patience and just did this for now and work from that. At least for now.

BTW, I used FUSE with one of it's newest add-ons to do this.

Steven Denton

ThryllSeekyr