Main Menu

Tables at Collector mania?

Started by Tiplodocus, 26 April, 2015, 05:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

My little brother ( and me) are hoping to have a table at he next Glasgow collector mania in Braehead.

He will mostly be selling his collection of action figures, some still boxed.

Am completely new to this, apart from helping out the odd time with Future Quack and Solar Wind stalls so any hints and tips welcome.

E.g we don't even know if you put away your stock overnight and whether it is worth getting a backing board etc.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

Sorry Tips, just seen this.

A backing board may well be useful, as many places don't like you sticking things to the walls. However, it depends on how much it costs. If the gig is two days then as long as your stock is covered it should be fine overnight. Try not to leave anything ridiculously expensive on show, though. Get there early so you can set up with plenty of time to rearrange and try to have a look round as well.

PlanetReplicas

Agreed with Bolt !
-  a cheap black fabric from a fabberdashery shop that covers and hangs down over your table size will also help as you can just lift the hanging part over your stock when you leave the table.

Always get lots of change- people rarely have the exact money.
Have water with you as you could be talking a lot !

Take some stiff cardboard , a4 paper and some decent markers to make signs up as you go

Also, use the boxes for carrying your stock , placed underneath the cheapo black fabric, to give you different levels to display your stock on, if its all laying flat on a table it might not be that visible in the hussle and bussle otherwise.
Good luck !
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

Steve Green

Fabberdashery?

You've been 3d printing too much...

PlanetReplicas

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

Tiplodocus

Thanks for the responses, I have passe dthem on to him.

He's going to try and work out a backing board solution and our arty/animating/designy nephew is doing him a "company" logo to make it look especially smart.

He's custom painted a couple of Nerf Guns - the Steam Punk coloured one looks particularly good as does a Stallone era Lawgiver.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 April, 2015, 04:58:29 PM
Fabberdashery?

You've been 3d printing too much...

The fabberdashery solution turns out to be some Tardis curtains from his son's bedroom. Perfect.

This is on this weekend if anyone fancies popping along.

sheridan

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 May, 2015, 12:32:14 PM
He's custom painted a couple of Nerf Guns - the Steam Punk coloured one looks particularly good as does a Stallone era Lawgiver.

Stallone had an era?  I guess I tried to block it from my mind :-)

Does the nerf gun have a 'double whammy' setting?

Link Prime