Main Menu

The mystery of Download Megs that weren't there

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 September, 2015, 08:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Okay so finally I got my digital subscription to The Meg (I've wittered about it for an age, but at last the time was right). So with my year sub and the three back issues (thanks Tharg) I was back in with the launch Meg 360 and giddy I downloaded my new comics.

Now they work and everything, BRILLIANT! But for then life of me I don't know where they have downloaded to. They are defo on the device (A Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2) as I was reading Meg 360 on the train into work this morning with no wi-fi. I can read them through the app no problem.

The thing is I want to move them to my comic reader file, so I can read them though my comic reading app of choice, I've done that with an earlier issue I bought as a test and everything was fine. This time no luck.

I've looked through my file store in all the sections of the Downloads bit, no luck. I also didn't get a Download notification when the download was finished. So yeah they are there, but have been ferreted away somewhere I can't see them. Very mysterious*, any suggestions?

*Well actually maybe not to folk who know about these sort of dark arts, but it is to me!

Rio De Fideldo

Hi Colin

Try entering your log in details at the following

https://account.rebellion.co.uk/login

everything you're bought should be there regardless of whether you bought it from the shop or via the app.

I've just learned this so I'm pretty confident I'm right

Pyroxian

On Android devices, they should be stored in the app's external storage (Sadly this location varies from device to device, so isn't guaranteed to be on the SD card...) - on my S5 they're in the Android\data\com.rebellion.app2000ad\files folder.

They're PDF files though, not CBZs, so may not work in your comicreader app - you can download them as .CBZs from the link that Richard posted though.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Pyroxian on 17 September, 2015, 10:18:30 AM
...on my S5 they're in the Android\data\com.rebellion.app2000ad\files folder.
... so may not work in your comicreader app - you can download them as .CBZs from the link that Richard posted though.

And there they are the tricky little minxes. Thanks for that.

As you say though Richard is right (thanks to you Richard) and I need to login to download them as .cbz for my comics reader...

Grey M@a

Colin, I am also pondering going digital as space is not at a luxury any more. Do you know if it is possible to pay for a digital sub by direct debit like the paper subs or its just a one off yearly payment?

Colin YNWA

Yeah you can. I downloaded the App and there's a subs button there. I'm pretty sure its £3.99 a month for the Meg (just checked to make sure but now I've subbed that option has gone for understandable reasons). I went for the twelve month as it gives you the three back issues. So being cheap I wanted to get on board with 361, so decided to wait until 364 so the back issues filled the gap (if that makes scene).

With the monthly payment you get one back issue free as well.

Have to say I'm only just starting to dip into digital and issues of my ignorance aside (as seen in this thread) its entirely pleasant. I'll not deny when reading the Meg on the train this morning I did slightly miss the size of the real thing, but its crisp, easy to read and as you say avoids the space issue (at least in the physical sense, I checked my devices storage last night and I might have a virtual issue I need to think about soon!). I've also picked up a lot of things at very good prices too.

Doubt I'll ever go full digital for comics in general but I'm really enjoying this half baked flim flaming approach I'm taking at the moment and its making me experiment a lot more with what I read, which can only be a good thing!

Grey M@a

Thanks for the input. I am also in a half way house for digital/physical. I will buy certain things in physical such as Hip Hop Family Tree as those are a thing of beauty and collections I have going at present.

Really need to make the push to digital, just need to jump in with both feet and get used to it. Although you can't beat the fact of going into a book shop or comic shop and browsing through the titles. I am sure its a problem :P