Main Menu

Help with Using GIfs in my Signature Box....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 28 November, 2015, 03:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

As you may notice, I have ben trying to change my signature, bt to no avail. I 'm trying to make moving (Right to Left!) and animated GIF of all the Slaine covers.

Is this possible?

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Dandontdare

sorry, I know very little  about GIFs - all I'm seeing now on your sig is a moving blank icon scrolling across the screen (it's the one you see when an image cannot be displayed)

I used a program called Gif Maker to make my animated profile pic and it was dead easy

ThryllSeekyr

I was using some random gif maker myself. I will look your up, since it works for you at least.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 December, 2015, 10:36:11 AM
sorry, I know very little  about GIFs - all I'm seeing now on your sig is a moving blank icon scrolling across the screen (it's the one you see when an image cannot be displayed)

I used a program called Gif Maker to make my animated profile pic and it was dead easy

Sounds like you brought yours Dan....di you pay money for the Gif-Maker or was it a  free one.

Perhaps you could link the exact site where you got it from if you remember it.

Dandontdare

it was definitely a free site - can't remember exactly what it was called it was ages ago, may have been this one http://gifmaker.me/. Just Google gif maker and there are several free options.

ThryllSeekyr

That is the same one I started with. Very easy to use, hard to put up anywhere like here and get working. Unless the mods here have placed a personal restriction against me using those things.

Remember the one of a pixelated and cartoonish looking Charlton Heston laughing (Taken from the scene in Planet of the Apes when he find his colleges/companions have planted a  American flag on already American soil, but so far into the future that apes have evolved to take our places.

Yes, and it works now, in preview at least, but I not so sure about moving (You know how my old sig from the Martech - Slaine game or what's left of it!) moved from right to left.

May Gifs don't so well that way.

I'm tired, I'm cranky, and I'm going to go to sleep.

ThryllSeekyr

Almost got what I want, but as you can see, it's inconsistently not letting me make the gifs at a uniform proportions even when I have just pushed that slider to the very extreme.

So, I am looking for another GIF MAKER!

I also want to use Tiny Urls to so I can make more GIFs in my signature and not just have three Magazine covers a pages but ten. If you know what I mean.

I, Cosh

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 06 December, 2015, 05:21:33 AM
Almost got what I want, but as you can see, it's inconsistently not letting me make the gifs at a uniform proportions even when I have just pushed that slider to the very extreme.
You realise that all we can see in your signature is the GifMaker.me logo repeated three times?
We never really die.

TordelBack

And it's starting to drive me a leeeetle bit potty.  You wouldn't like me when I'm potty.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Cosh on 06 December, 2015, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 06 December, 2015, 05:21:33 AM
You realise that all we can see in your signature is the GifMaker.me logo repeated three times?

Not always, I'm seeing almost what I intended it to be right now....GIF-Maker is a free program, so I guess you must expect that sort of randomness from it.

Three 2000AD magazines, all of them Slaine covers. The entire lot of them....would have been cool to get the wraparound covers well for a bit of added spice to the mix.

Tordalback, I will be slowing down the frames effect enough to give everybody a decent look at each cover before it changes again.

Thinking of spreading them out a bit more...right now that were two -three rows a stack-- and will go back to one row or half a row just to get more covers across. Remembering, to use Tiny-Urls so, I can fit more HTML in the box.

If it still bothers you , I may change it to one long, long, long line of covers just moving right to left and if that's still a problem for the whole forum. I'll just take it down.......but you should know how, I'm really loving how my sig was or will be coming together.   

ThryllSeekyr

What re Neutral colours for a Tartan and how do I get thing to move the other way (Left to Right!) using the Move command and can I change the background colour in my sig?

ThryllSeekyr

If your lucky or unlucky enough to actually see my sig now.

If you did....then you may notice your eyes are good enough that I didn't quite make it all the way through that dark period between Horned-God and Books of Invasions and I don't think I made it quite far enough off the former to be really satisfied.

That's where I hit the maxmium amount of characters possible in a signature box and even while using Tiny-Urls. You think the mods could relax the by a couple more thousand characters

Still ....I'm quite pleased that it's now seven covers across...rather than the three. Yet, we all should know that three is important number in Slaine and the rest of Celtic mythos. Just think about it.....

Anyway, tomorrow... I will try to do this properly again. As it was I used four covers in each stack and will have to increase it enough to fit all the covers even or slightly odd in all and only the seven stacks.

Still, I was planning to do the background with a neutral Tartan or -what do they call it- plaid designs going in the other directional and that's all I will say for now.

Banners

This is what we can see.

I know you're having fun, but is it really worth the effort...?