Main Menu

Wanted 'The Complete Concrete' TP

Started by Geoff, 14 October, 2015, 08:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Not a 2000ad comic I know, so sorry if this isn't allowed..
(although I'd hope the sheer quality of the comic in question would allow it to remain)

Does anyone have a copy of 'The Complete Concrete' in good condition that they'd be happy to sell at a reasonable price?

It's the softcover TP that collects the complete original 10 issue series.

TordelBack

I have the beautiful book in question, but alas the phraselet 'cold dead hands' springs immediately to mind. Best of luck!

Colin YNWA

I don't own that particular book, but I do have all of Concrete in the smaller Dark Horse trades and any chance to ring its praises should be taken. Bloody fantastic comics.

Geoff

Thanks chaps, it was always a long shot - back to Ebay!

Spikes

I never did get round to buying this. Think it was kinda pricey back in the day, plus Im more of a floppies man.
Still would be nice to track down, as it has a few bits and bobs of extra content that are of interest. Never seems to be a good condition copy to be found online though...

TordelBack

Sorry couldn't help Geoff -didn't mean to treat your pain so flippantly.  I got my copy secondhand for €10 many years ago, and it really is one of the loveliest collections I own - Chadwick's art is glorious at the larger page size, and like the Titan albums I just can't bear to part with it, even when I have the content in other more compact formats.

Geoff

No probs Tordel - rather liked the 'cold dead hands' quote.

That's where my copy will remain once I've tracked one down!

Yes, it's the page size I'm after - the two collected short stories albums I've got show the art off beautifully.

I've seen a few but as Spikes says its hard to find a reasonably priced  one in decent condition.

The hunt continues..

Geoff

Got one!  :D

Arrived yesterday, all the way from New York - £35 well spent I think!

Not in perfect condition but pretty good nick given its age. Love those big pages!

maryanddavid

Completely different comic Geoff, by any chance did you get you hands on a copy of an ultra rare 70's British comic?

Geoff

Nope, not me - only rare 70s British comic I have is a prog 1 (with space spinner!)

maryanddavid