Main Menu

2000ad comics 1-350, whats their value?

Started by deathwish, 29 November, 2010, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathwish

Hi, I have issues 1-350 with all of the orininal free giveaways in them including the stick on robotic stickers, frisbee and chewing gum.
i was wondering what they are worth, im sure there are a few people on this forum who will have an idea of thier value.
many thanks, Thwish

Wake

Here is my list of approximate values of 2000AD comics. Please note that if you are selling in bulk you are unlikely to sell for this much and if you are only buying one or two comics you may need to pay more.

2000 AD comics

Prog 1 £100 - no spinner
Prog 2 £100 - no biotronic stickers
Prog 3 £50 - no red alert wallet

Progs 1-3 are worth approximately double this amount if they include their free gifts.

Progs 4-20 £5 each
Progs 71, 72, 77 & 78 £20 each
Progs 21-200 £2 each
Progs 201-500 £1 each
Progs 501-1199 50p each
Progs 1200-1499 £1 each
Progs 1500-present cover price
Prog 1208 £20 (many failed to reach the shops)

betel_uk

I'm nowhere near the authority on these matters that Wake is, but in selling my own collection, I'm finding his valuations thread very helpful as a starting point... but times are hard for a lot of people and I think pressure on prices is moving them down rather than up... even with the inflation that eBay tends to add because of the size of your potential market.

If you split them up, you will get the highest value but you'll find it takes a lot of time and effort. I recently sold 2 sets of prog 2 with stickers on eBay for around £150 each. I was very pleased with that. I've seen a prog 1 with spinner go recently for £180 ish. Most progs from 40 or 50 up go for £1 or less... many of my listings have gone unsold thus far.

If you keep them together then the collective value will be significantly reduced... but you'll save a stack of time!

Hope that helps a little...

locustsofdeath!

Earlier this month I bought a beautiful copy of prog 2 - without the gift - for 35 pounds. And as far as anything 200 and on, I purchased most of my collection - all very nice copies - at 3 for a pound.

deathwish

The set i've got were donated to the school i work for, they're the original paper ones. Basically they were on order and went to the boys house but he never read or touched them, so they were just put up in the attic as they were delivered to the house. Everything they came with is still with them. Wonder what the Hubba Bubba chewing gum would yaste like after all these years lol.
Im sure i read somewhere that the issue 3, which is the 1st one where Judge Dredd appeared in is worth a bit more when its got the small frisbee in it, dont it?
Thwish

blixab

I would suggest that if you found the right person, you may well get £500 - £600 for the collection if all the gifts are included (sounds like they are)

If you split them up suggest realistic prices for the first three with gifts if all in ex condition are:

1 with space spinner - £120 - £180
2 with biotronic stickers - £120 - £180
3 with Red alert gift if unmade - £50 - £80 if made £50 tops

Then suggest you follow Wakes approximate valuations for all issues up to and including 100. From 101-200 you may get 75p per issue and from 200-350 unless they have their free gifts 50p each max.

Don't hold me to these prices just what I have found to be near to the market rates whilst filling in my gaps in my own collection.

deathwish

Many thanks y'all for your info and advice. I'll have to through them all and make a list of all the issues with gifts inside, then i'll have to see about putting them up for sale on this forum for you guys n gals to snap up lol
regards, Thwish

das

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 29 November, 2010, 01:27:11 PM
Earlier this month I bought a beautiful copy of prog 2 - without the gift - for 35 pounds. And as far as anything 200 and on, I purchased most of my collection - all very nice copies - at 3 for a pound.

and i just got a very nice copy of prog #1 (no toy) for $18.00 off ebay.

here is someone selling 180 progs with binders;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290438711079&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1449wt_798

this listing has sat there for MONTHS
Confusion is Better Than Sex

The Reverend Confused

deathwish

Apologies for not getting back on the forum for so long but been busy. I'll make sure its ok with the head teacher first but uf he says yes, how much are you willing to offer? if you give me a rough price i'll put it to him and will let you jnow.

The Reverend Confused

ssjlogan

Hi,

I know this is a good few months after the last message but would you still happen to have number one?

Many Thanks

DeadMags

I recently obtained programmes 1-4 without the free items. I am looking to sell them but not quite sure how much I should list them. I read some of the posts above to get an idea. However I'm from the states and don't think that many people would be interested in them on ebay. Anyone beg to differ or have any idea how much they will go for? They have a few small tears the worst being a two inch tear on the cover of the first programme and the rest are minor ones on the sides of some of the covers.

DeadMags

Never mind I just read the post on approximate prices.

TP

Hi, i have a copy of the special edition Diesel promo comic (2004), just wondering what its worth? Cheers