Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Anton Yelchin of Star Trek and Odd Thomas dies aged 27 after being run over by his own car in tragic accident.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Well there's a shock. Only 27 too. Pinned by his own car which was in neutral? Very sorry to hear he is no more.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

CrazyFoxMachine

That IS a real shock  :o So young too, utterly horrible.

TordelBack

Damn that's sad, he seemed even younger than that tragically young age. Mr Chekov II and Kyle Reese II, but he'll always be Albino Pirate to me.

HdE

2016 has now officially become the year when celebrities of any standing need to look both ways and carry out a thorough and exacting risk assessment.

Utterly astonishing and gut wrenching news about Anton Yelchin. What an awful way to go.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

von Boom

Shocking news about Anton Yelchin. A terrible accident. Very sad.

Link Prime

Terribly sad news about Anton Yelchin.

A very likable actor, I was a fan since he guest-starred as Larry's "magician" nephew in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Something Fishy

So young.  2016 is a harsh year.

rogue69

Guildford Four's Gerry Conlon died in Belfast aged 60.
He was the inspiration behind the Jim Sheridan film In the Name of the Father starring Daniel Day-Lewis & Pete Postlethwaite

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: rogue69 on 22 June, 2016, 10:53:28 PM
Guildford Four's Gerry Conlon died in Belfast aged 60.

He died 2 years ago.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Frank

Alan Mitchell, who collaborated with Pat Mills on Coffin for Toxic and Third World War for Crisis, when Eve swapped the dust and heat of Central America for London and black radical politics.

The results were uneven, but I remember thinking the stuff with Lyatt and BADS was introducing me to a subculture I knew nothing about. He's seen here, looking like he's just asked Alan Moore and Charles Shaar Murray whether they want to swallow the blue pill or the red:

Photograph: Mitch Jenkins

sheridan

Quote from: Butch on 23 June, 2016, 07:38:22 PM
Alan Mitchell, who collaborated with Pat Mills on Coffin for Toxic and Third World War for Crisis, when Eve swapped the dust and heat of Central America for London and black radical politics.
The latest wikipedia edit apparently added by the child of Alan Mitchell - edit summary as follows:
(I added my father's death and a few details about his life.)

While I have no specific reason to doubt that, this is the internet, so are there any more detailed news reports?  I'll add sources to the wiki page if so (and we should start a new thread in news as Alan was a scribe for the House of Tharg).

Tjm86

Derek Slade of St Georges School outside Stowmarket.  If that means anything to anyone hear then ...

aw shit.  Hope you are okay.

sheridan

Alvin Toffler, author of Future Shock, influential in the 1970s culture that first brought us 2000AD.

Albion

Gordon Murray, creator of some of the finest children's television ever made.
I've been a fan of all things from Trumptonshire for as long as I can remember.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36670186
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.