Main Menu

Ever got banned from an internet forum or any other group?

Started by JTurner, 29 July, 2002, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTurner

I've just done a bit of a Scojo on another forum. Basically lost my rag with this 16 year old right wing American (I usually only pick on people my own age, but he was really pi$$ing me off, the arrogant little half-pint nationalist twerp). Now it's likely I'll get a bit of a ban from the place. Has anyone else out there put their foot in it in a big way during a passionate debate/rant?

JTurner

It was over politics and political cartoons/ reporting, by the way.

Oddboy

A one off rant about a political issue shouldn't get you banned, even scojo was given a million chances to behave!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

Where was this rant?  Can we all go & have a look?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

I found this the other day, possibly on WEF or some games site...

(CAUTION: Contents may offend)

Link: http://www.lamer.net/arguing.jpg" target="_blank">Click Here

JTurner

LOL

Too right. Suddenly everything is so clear, and I realise that I've been so petty in trying to convert lost souls in the digital world.

Pagangirl

Oooh a Flame warrior, which sort are you?

Link: http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html" target="_blank">Flame Warrior

JTurner

Ohhh, a combination of many, though I don't usually go out of my way to flame. Actually this is by far the most mellow site I've ever found. 2K readers should rule the world.

Aaron Smurf Murphy

That is excellent! (ok the picture cruel but the message is bang on) As I type i'm sending this to every moron and arguing dope fiend I know to enlighten them.

Finnigan Sinister

critter

I'm not t4rying to start a polictical correctess debate. Also, I'm definitely not a right wing anything, I'm more of a breast man. But I have a couple nephews that have developmental disabilities. I do find that ad a little offensive. But thats all I'm going to say.

Will

Pagangirl

*****I do find that ad a little offensive*****

Well you were warned and you still tuned in, as we like to say to the NVLA

***(CAUTION: Contents may offend)****

paulvonscott

Who me?  I find the best tactic is to crawl meekly into a hole and hide till it is safe again.

I have had problems with at least one bloke on one board (non 2000AD related) who is a feck of the highest order.  He's always making up stuff I've said, which then attracts others who join in on either side before I finally have to point out in mind boggingly accurate details why this person is full of shit.  Basically I've given up that board now.

My comments are not evil, yet great evil comes from them...

Jenny-Mek

I got banned from a Neopets message board. It followed a series of long and highly detailed reports on the football World Cup, Wimbledon tennis, late night live action ice-hocky, Formula One Grand Prix, baseball world cup and Korean kickboxing championship. I don't know why I did it, but the weeks of furious, futile protests from enraged American message board fans felt extremely good.

roystead

neopets? What is this thing called "neopets"?

roystead

(is it like little teeny-tiny Keanu Reeves-in-Matrix tamagochis? (sp?) )