Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 June, 2016, 08:22:30 PM
Thankfully (inexplicably) she says she has a thing for comic nerds...!

It might be because comic readership generally (apart from *ahem* this one) is split 50/50 genderwise pretty much. I mean my own Lady Geoffery is a colossal X-Men fan and when we first met we had a fairly intense discussion about Avalanche's costume. I thought ISN'T THIS WEIRD GIRLS ARE MEANT TO LIKE PONIES AND BEING STEREOTYPED.

Genuinely though congrats Jimb, glad to hear yer happy :D

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 15 June, 2016, 08:41:11 PM
I mean my own Lady Geoffery is a colossal X-Men fan and when we first met we had a fairly intense discussion about Avalanche's costume.

Funnily enough I met some of her friends at the weekend and while I don't think any of them have ever read a comic in their life, the talk somehow turned to the 90's X-Men cartoon! Turns out we're all huge fans, but then isn't everyone? I've bonded with relative strangers over that cartoon before now!
@jamesfeistdraws

Theblazeuk

von Boom

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 June, 2016, 12:03:05 PM
I'm on holiday in Crete and it's gorgeous. The miserable grind of work seems a long way away and despite a touch of sunburn on the first day, having a lovely time. We hiked the Samaria Gorge yesterday so it's a lazy day by the pool with my book and an ice cold Mythos  :cool:
Really like Crete. I also walked the Samaria Gorge in 96 or 97. I was out of shape at the time and couldn't walk for about two days.

I was there again in 2014. Did a double take when I saw this old photo on the wall in the apartment we were staying in.

Dandontdare

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 16 June, 2016, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 June, 2016, 12:03:05 PM
I'm on holiday in Crete and it's gorgeous. The miserable grind of work seems a long way away and despite a touch of sunburn on the first day, having a lovely time. We hiked the Samaria Gorge yesterday so it's a lazy day by the pool with my book and an ice cold Mythos  :cool:
Really like Crete. I also walked the Samaria Gorge in 96 or 97. I was out of shape at the time and couldn't walk for about two days.

I was there again in 2014. Did a double take when I saw this old photo on the wall in the apartment we were staying in.

Hah that's hilarious. Very odd in Kolymbari today - massive orthodox event going on, patriarchs from Russia and Greece in town and massive police presence.

Professor Bear

At the height of the sunny weather, with clear skies after dark from the top of our local mountain you could see the Northern Lights in the distance, and a closer view of those is now on the bucket list.

Dandontdare

I'm at the Matala beach festival today. Matala is the southern Crete village where hippies, including Joni Mitchell famously lived in the cave cliffs above the small beach. Found a cheap room up the road and it's sweltering but we're now chillin on the beach with cold beer, good tunes and hundreds of incredibly hot euro-hippy chicks in bikinis. Life doesn't get much better than this!  :D :cool:

Tjm86

Contract docs for new job arrived today.  Old school refused to recognise progression up the pay scale.  New school has offered a contract with progression built in.  Few bob extra a month but the fact that I don't have to fight for it.

That plus the news about Singer at the weekend.  (Any other St George's alumni amongst us?)

Goaty

Just finish ran from thousands of zombies in city of London. Nah it not 28 Days Later as finish British 10k London Run! First time to do run event in the Sourh or in London!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 10 July, 2016, 01:25:10 PM
Just finish ran from thousands of zombies in city of London. Nah it not 28 Days Later as finish British 10k London Run! First time to do run event in the Sourh or in London!
Oh my gosh well done, Goaty! Thats a fantastic achievemant!  :D

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

Great stuff, Goaty. As the kind of guy who gets out of breath if his nose runs, I'm awed!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

futureimperfect

I spent my day doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8pimu7UD-s

What a blast! Dangerous? Probably. Illegal? Most likely. Fun? Oh yes!

(I put a disclaimer on my YouTube video but I must add, do NOT use one of these in your back garden unless you live in the country. It will go through fences/windows/peoples skulls with ease)