Main Menu

star wars battlefront "leaked footage"

Started by Grugz, 19 August, 2014, 05:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

There were only five of (I think) the fifteen waves that'll be in the full game. Being chased around the canyons of Tatooine by an AT-ST was quite an experience!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have played the beta.

Py-ang! Py-ang!

That is all.
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

Just watched this and thought who ever badly about who ever wrote lines for Boba as he greets Leia and his former....um....home.

I might have just say something descriptive or blow a kiss. (Even through the Madolorian helmet!)

Radbacker

Anyone playing this?  got it yesterday on Xbone.  Good fun, plenty of modes looks absolutely stunning, I'm still trying to get the hang of the Hero characters, I guess I should play the single player training a bit more but I cant help but jump into the multiplayer.  I play in first person mode but third person is playable if you prefer to play that way, when playing a Hero it forces you into it.  The X-wing/Tie combat is quite well done, I have no idea what the controls are but somehow it works and is really easy to fly.
Back to the graphics, I've not seen Starwars ever look this good, it's nearly beyond the Prequel CGI quality, I'd love to see this on a super PC.  The laser blast sparks are spot on and top it off.
Well I'm off to bed half day of work tomorrow then another 12 hours in battling Rebel scum!

CU Radbacker

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Satanist

Got it for PS4 and its not Fallout 4 so only played a wee bit last night. Should be a good laugh when I get on with mates at the weekend.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

When does this go live on steam, PC only gamer here!

shaolin_monkey

Oh my god, HOW GOOD IS THIS GAME?!

Played co-op survival with the kids until it was their bedtime, and they loved it. Played multiplayer Walker Assault for hours afterwards - very late night, but just couldn't stop! Storming Hoth as Vader is such a rush, as is bringing down an AT-AT!

Devons Daddy

thats under the tree then!

was not sure, if its was a must buy, though you all state it is as such its a BUY.  :D
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

James Stacey

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 21 November, 2015, 08:46:38 AM

Played co-op survival with the kids until it was their bedtime, and they loved it. Played multiplayer Walker Assault for hours afterwards - very late night, but just couldn't stop! Storming Hoth as Vader is such a rush, as is bringing down an AT-AT!
Funny how people see games differently, my mate who is staying with us at the moment bought it and we played a bit last night. Storming Hoth as Vader we both thought was thoroughly dull. Nothing can hurt you so you just wander about swinging your laser sword. Bringing down an AT-AT was identical to rogue squadron on the little purple box of joy. Fun but nothing that hadn't been done 10 years ago. Glad you're enjoying it, I'm off back to Fallout 4 though :D

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: James Stacey on 23 November, 2015, 10:16:25 AM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 21 November, 2015, 08:46:38 AM

Funny how people see games differently, my mate who is staying with us at the moment bought it and we played a bit last night. Storming Hoth as Vader we both thought was thoroughly dull. Nothing can hurt you so you just wander about swinging your laser sword. Bringing down an AT-AT was identical to rogue squadron on the little purple box of joy. Fun but nothing that hadn't been done 10 years ago. Glad you're enjoying it, I'm off back to Fallout 4 though :D

Funny, that's what I've been thinking about Fallout 4 - good fun, but has mostly been done before a few years ago in Fallout 3.  ;)

Anyway, some more thoughts:

Fighter Squadron - remarkably easy to pick up and play, easily controllable, but a bit too easy.  I was hoping for something akin to 1943's Coral Sea map which involved consideration of turning angles, speed, and how that tactically gives you advantages/disadvantages.  In Fighter Squadron you can turn on a pin, and targeting an opponent is quite easy.  For added fun and difficulty, fly in cockpit mode - very cinematic, and loses some of your peripheral vision, making it slightly tougher.

Walker Assault - four maps, each with pros and cons.  I've been having a lot of fun exploring them, figuring out where power-ups crop up the most often, and tactical advantages for ground infantry at various points.  Plus each unlock adds more 'class' variation - I love the freedom to play as you wish, and I'm turning into a bit of a vehicle takedown expert.  With ion boosted blasters, ion grenades and a missile launcher AT-STs don't last long in front of me!  These are all very helpful against the AT-ATs too, and I can usually get into a position where I can hit their sensitive spots.  It all adds a nice little variety to gameplay.

Squad dynamic - not as useful as I'd hoped.  I haven't managed to get my usual Battlefield compadres into a group yet, so not sure how a 'friend squad' works, but the game currently puts you into a team of two, rather than four or five as in previous Battlefield iterations.  This can make the experience quite tough, as once you're both down, you have to spawn at a point quite far back in the field.  Also, there doesn't seem to be any complementary type of squadding up.  For example I can't go as support/medic and expect the other dude to pick demo or assault - there's no way to tell what equipment each other has until we use it.  This makes teamwork  quite tricky.

Still, it's a bloody great game, and if you're into online shooters, and love Star Wars, this is definitely worth a look!

I'll have to try some of the other game modes soon and report back.

Radbacker

yeah I'm a Freddy no friends so I find the squad spawn pretty weak as it is only on one person not a choice of 5 so lots of slogging it, though it does lead to less re-spawn deaths.  Slight lack of variation in the main weapons too, you kind of have Fast Blasters, Slow Blasters and Hand Blasters but they all seem pretty samey to me.
Still loving it though, need to learn to fly, every time I get a Tie fighter to take it to the rebel scum I get blasted straight away by uber pilots :(

CU Radbacker

Dandontdare

Quote from: Radbacker on 23 November, 2015, 02:20:30 PM
I get blasted straight away by uber pilots :(

Are those ones that quote you a price by a mobile app?

Goaty

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^