Main Menu

Hivemind help!

Started by maryanddavid, 25 April, 2013, 11:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Oh, Mighty Hive Mind- I call upon your powers once again...

Is it an automatic death sentence to be a Jimp and actually try to dispense justice in MC-1?

Thanks

Dandontdare

the death sentence thing has always been variable - I'm sure there was a story in which Dredd said "there is no death sentence in this city", but that has obviously been dropped since (I'm excluding of course perps killed while fleeing or under the security of the City Act)

Dandontdare

On reflection, that may have been when he was Judge-marshall of Luna 1

Proudhuff

anyone know? i thought it was the case, but i may have misremembered.
DDT did a job on me

Greg M.

Death for jimping was the case in at least one Mark Millar story (the Mr. Ben one) - in Wagner stories, jimps often get killed in action due to their inadequacy as judges, but I don't think there's an actual death sentence for it.

The Legendary Shark

I guess that if a jimp surrenders immediately the sentence will be hefty cube time. If the jimp has caused death (especially of Justice Dept personnel)  then maybe a death sentence but if they resist in any way then I'd reckon that death was virtually inevitable.
I'd suggest that there is no death sentence for jimping itself but there will be for concomitant or resulting crimes.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Cheers Lads, that about covers my thoughts on this as well.

Bolt-01

Oh, Mighty Hive mind- keeper of all arcana, can someone help me with...

The name of the pub that Middenface is drinking in when Precious Matson finds him in 'The Life & Death of Johnny Alpha'?

I'm currently racking my tiny mind trying to remember...

Bolt-01

Answering myself is bad form, but I've just discovered it was the 'Scabby Dug Bar'