Main Menu

Can I store Comixology comics on an SD card

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 January, 2016, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Okay so I think I know the answer to this alas having done some research BUT you bright young things might be able to tell me otherwise. Am I able to move comics I've purchased from Comixology from the internal storage in my Samsung tablet to my external SD card?

Common wisdom suggests that comixology doesn't allow this but was wondering if anyone here had sussed it?

Hawkmumbler

Providing the comics you have bought are DRM-free (so PDF back up is available etc) then you SHOULD be able too....i've never done it mind you...

Professor Bear

Sometimes I wonder why free scanning sites with no DRM restrictions on when and where you can view something are more popular than Comixology.  It is a mystery that literally cannot be solved.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 19 January, 2016, 06:33:14 PM
Providing the comics you have bought are DRM-free (so PDF back up is available etc) then you SHOULD be able too....i've never done it mind you...

I've had a lot of problems with External SD cards on Android devices - there seems to be something they've changed, so that apps can only read files on them, but not write to... Comic Rack specifically allows you to set two folders, so that you can have a read only one on your SD card, and a writable one (for remote syncing etc.) on device storage. It's a major pain...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 19 January, 2016, 07:08:27 PM
Sometimes I wonder why free scanning sites with no DRM restrictions on when and where you can view something are more popular than Comixology.  It is a mystery that literally cannot be solved.
It's funny, really, because Comixology used to be 'hackable'. You could delve in, extract the JPEGs, and make your own DRM-free CBRs. Now, you must rely on the publisher to tick the 'don't be a colossal muppet' box, which a lot of them aren't doing. (Hence why I only buy digital comics elsewhere. The only DRM I find remotely acceptable is for streaming services or rentals, where there's no assumption of ownership.)

Colin YNWA

Thanks folks. Took me a little bit to suss Comics Racks way of doing things BUT once I moved my files to the specific folder it creates on the SD drive (when I moved the app across) it was pretty straight forward. Just set that as one of my favourite file and its a very quick 'drag and drop' to move all my files in there.

Both Dark Horse is even easier as it default downloads them to wherever you have the app.

Just a shame and a tad impractical that Comixology don't let you. Ho hum I guess the idea is you don't need to download them. They can sit on the online storage and you can just download them when you want to read them. Alas this is a pain when  you don't have wi-fi about and want to read the Bloom County collection on the train.

Professor Bear

ThryllSeekyr

How do you transfer those, I had brought one to six of Vampire one written by Pat Mills and illustrated by some French guy.

Colin YNWA

If its from Comixology then the answer appears to be you don't.