Main Menu

Trying to find out the name of a strip I remember

Started by pixie_twinkle, 30 January, 2016, 08:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixie_twinkle

Hi, I just joined the board, and was hoping someone could help me. As a child I remember reading a one-off comic strip (in the style of Future Shocks), in which the main character (an alien I believe) is trying to help an attractive Earth woman get away from pursuers. He slings her over his shoulder, evades all sorts of enemies, and finally gets her to safety. The final frame is an image of the main character gnawing a bone. The caption says "So what did (insert alien name here - I can't remember) think of his first Earth woman?". He throws the bone over his shoulder and says "Delicious!" Does anyone else remember this, or know where it's from? It really sounds like it could be a 2000AD Future Shock strip, but I can't find it anywhere!

Professor Bear

I know this is no help whatsoever with your query, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that whoever wrote that story had seen A Boy And His Dog.

pixie_twinkle

Could be. Certainly the punchline is very similar. This was definitely a comic strip, though. I love the Future Shock stories, and the humourous one-off 2000ad strips, like Superbean, and the one about the Rubick's Cube expert who ends up having to solve a cube a mile high. The writers of those stories had a great talent for very dark humour.