Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Echidna on 24 March, 2016, 12:16:08 AM
I read the first volume of Fathom back when I was first getting into comics. It's the first comic I truly hated.
Well this is a story I can't help but be (morbidly) interested in. Pray do tell...

Echidna

Just not a fan of Michael Turner's art. At all. A quick google reveals the guy is no longer with us so I'll leave it at that.

IndigoPrime

Another comics Humble Bundle, this time for a grab-bag of Buffy and Angel comics from IDW and Dark Horse.

Hawkmumbler

Not my thing again, i'm afraid. Could never get into Buffy but I know some fans here will probably lap this up.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

IndigoPrime

Humble Bundle's running its first manga: Kodansha Comics. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 May, 2016, 07:38:40 PM
Humble Bundle's running its first manga: Kodansha Comics. Anyone got any thoughts on this?
I can't actually name a dud in that entire list (Seven Deadly Sins is the only one i've never read) for the price is exceptional value. Attack on Titan is great, whilst Soace Brothers, Inuyashiki, and Alita are prog worthy sci-fi. Jump in it!

Colin YNWA

If my read list was north of 3500 comics (half re-read, half re-read) cos of all those digital comics deals I'd be all over this. As it is I'm resisting digital deals until I get that down (or until I break!).

I hear very good things (in part from these parts) about Attackie Titania whatever it is.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

The Adventurer

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 May, 2016, 07:38:40 PM

Oh man, that is a an amazing bundle. My only disappointment is that I got Knights of Sidonia Vol 1 - 3 in a previous Humble Bundle, and was hoping to see Vol. 4 and beyond in a future bundle. (actually my biggest disappointment is that Kodansha doesn't release DRM-Free editions of their manga through any other means, except their Humble Bundles. Boo)

Attack on Titan, Parasyte, Inuyashiki, Ajin, and Battle Angel Alita are all up 2000 AD fan's alleys. Even Vinland Saga, if you want some epic bronze age fantasy.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 May, 2016, 12:20:05 AM
Comixology has some pretty significant discounts on Star Wars trades. Any of them worth a go?

I can't see this as I'd be interested in checking for of the Marvel (is it) trades. I really enjoyed the Leia mini if that was there.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 May, 2016, 07:56:32 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 05 May, 2016, 12:20:05 AM
Comixology has some pretty significant discounts on Star Wars trades. Any of them worth a go?
I can't see this as I'd be interested in checking for of the Marvel (is it) trades. I really enjoyed the Leia mini if that was there.
It was May the 4th only and yeah, it was the Marvel stuff.
We never really die.

maryanddavid

Hawke/Adventurer, is the manga bundle suitable for teens?

The Adventurer

Quote from: maryanddavid on 06 May, 2016, 12:02:10 AM
Hawke/Adventurer, is the manga bundle suitable for teens?

Are we talking above or below 15? If below, I hate to say it, but no. Except for maybe Fairly Tail and Space Brothers most of these skew toward graphic depictions of violence and mature psychological situations. If they've already been exposed to, say, Attack on Titan, and have been okay with it, you'd probably be fine though.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

maryanddavid

Thanks Adventurer, she's 13 and I am finding Manga a bit of a minefield.  Ill avoid it for the while.