Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth Uncensored (Hardcover)

Started by JOE SOAP, 29 October, 2015, 09:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Ooof! Not my favourite BB cover but a cracker none the less. Anything that gives us another Tweak image i'm happy with, but what is that the alien ant eater is holding? A croisant? :lol:

Spikes

I like it - I like it a lot, actually, though to me the perspective on the Land-Raider looks off?

Dark Jimbo

That's the best Bolland cover in a long while! They've become really static lately - lovely to see him do something that's a bit more than 'characters x and y in a stock pose.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

The hamburger looks too well lit.  Everything else around it is in green shadow.  I suppose it's just to draw attention to it as one of the restored story strands.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Geoff

jannerboyuk

Spikes

Wonder if Mick has drawn owt new for this? 

Wonder if Molcher is getting Pat Mills to come along to the Gosh! signing as well?

So many questions....

Geoff

Available to pre-order from the 2000ad shop now...

Wot no bookplate edition?

Wot no super ltd edition signed by all the creators with original sketches by McM and BB?

Wot no poster edition with the cover turned into a signed poster print?

Etc...

I know there's been quite a lot of that sort of thing about recently, and it puts a strain on the groats,  but this is crying out for that treatment.

Tjm86

If that is the case then I guess I'll be emailing Gosh to see about getting a copy from them.  I had been holding out to see what Rebellion came up with on that front.  As you say, something as important in the history of Dredd deserves something just a little special.  That said, What I personally would love is a hardback of the second volume of the case files with these pages now included and then keep going with a premium case files collection.  ***sigh***

Colin YNWA

So Thrillmail reveals there is a special edition. A3 poster of McMahon original art and signed by at least Chris Lowder and hints at more... hmmm... commonsense says after being a but peeved with my Dan Dare special edition wait this should be a pass. After all you'll be paying 13 quid more than the 17 quid Amazon price and may well have to wait longer... but, but why am I so tempted to treat myself to this?

Spikes

Just seen this too. A nice package, but my worry is will it arrive prior to the signing?

COMMANDO FORCES

Agreed, will it arrive before the signing and will the poster come in a tube, or folded up!

Geoff

Tjm86

The details on the shop say signed by Jack Adrian and others (TBC).  Possible Messrs Bolland McMahon themselves?  As for rolled vs folded. Rebellion have tended towards folded previously so I would hazard a guess that this will be the same.  The poster also looks B&W in the promotional material.  For a colour double spread?  That would be a shame.

Colin YNWA

Its from the original art hence the black and white. It might also suggest there would be a natural 'break' in the middle to allow a fold - if it was done on two sheets of Bristol Board?