Main Menu

Recent posts

Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 01:42:46 PM

Inspired by Funt's cover puns thread.

Sinister Feckster!

A couple of gunsharks arrive on Craggy Island. After Reservoir Dogs, and Father Ted of course.
News / Re: Steve Dillon: Apex Edition
Last post by Richard - Today at 01:25:13 PM
Aah, ignore me, I've just noticed his signature on it!
Last post by Richard - Today at 01:22:59 PM
That only proves that someone thought it was Dillon's work and lent it to the exhibition. It doesn't look anything like Dillon's style at all, and I suspect it was there by mistake.
Last post by Steve Green - Today at 01:21:44 PM
Yeah, I'd forgotten about it - but at the time now remember thinking it didn't look much like Steve's work - I don't know the story behind it, if it was a commission or him trying something new...
Games / Re: Gamebooks
Last post by Richard - Today at 01:16:41 PM
I think I might give that book another go. I don't really remember it at all, but I love McKenna's art.

The current publishers of FF have announced a new sequel to Deathtrap Dungeon, The Dungeon on Blood Island, by Ian Livingstone and KrisztiĆ”n Balla, the artist on Assassins of Allansia!

http://officialfightingfantasy.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-dungeon-on-blood-island.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&m=1
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 12:32:19 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 28 March, 2024, 09:09:56 PMIt was in the Dillon exhibition at Lawless

Steve Dillon Exhibition

Fair play, then!
Prog / Re: Prog 2375 - err Bumper Is...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 10:16:41 AM
Quote from: broodblik on Today at 10:05:23 AMFor me the big difference is that in the one the focus is on the horror whereas the other's focus was mostly on horrible characters. Also it did not help the strip in Devil's that I literally did not care for any of the characters
Yeah that's fair - Palamon was a hot-tempered idiot, and a killer. Constance was there to be put in jeopardy and was rather underwritten.
Last post by pauljholden - Today at 10:14:27 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 28 March, 2024, 11:09:26 AMActually looks like your work PJ.

Can confirm: not me.
General / Re: Brian Bolland visits old s...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 10:05:30 AM
I couldn't get to the actual news story from that link! Here it is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c13dmm53d12o
Prog / Re: Prog 2375 - err Bumper Is...
Last post by broodblik - Today at 10:05:23 AM
Quote from: Le Fink on Today at 09:53:34 AMOne thing that strikes me is that the recent Milligan and Dayglo strip Devil's Railroad got a fair bit of opprobrium. Both strips have evil bullies doing ghastly things to vulnerable people, and the bullies win. But this strip is getting much more of a pass.
Is it mainly the cartoony vs realistic art that is making the difference?

For me the big difference is that in the one the focus is on the horror whereas the other's focus was mostly on horrible characters. Also it did not help the strip in Devil's that I literally did not care for any of the characters