Spug
Stomm
Bastich
Simp
Stak

Any more?

Quaequam blag!

Grexnix.

Cuss Weerd uses blat and scunnering before he settles on sneck.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Fungus

Scunnering is common Scots and therefore 'real'.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 28 July, 2016, 06:15:00 PM
Was 'slitch' used somewhere? Durham Red maybe? I took this to be a blend of 'slit' and 'bitch' and, therefore, quite unpleasant.

AFAIK this was exclusively used by Dave Stone in his excellent Brit-Cit-related stuff (mainly Armitage, of course, but other, related tales too). I took it to be a portmanteau of 'slut' and 'bitch', though it sounds worse than either.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

credo

This thread is why I love the tooth forum!

Still no love for skev?

I, Cosh

I still remember the shock I felt when I discovered that Torquemada's favourite - dastard - is a real word.
Quote from: freedonadd on 27 July, 2016, 06:18:06 PM
Quote from: Modern Panther on 27 July, 2016, 05:47:24 PM
"My goodness!"/"good heavens!"/"jings!"/"crivvens!"/"generic exclamation of surprise!"
Uh. I expected something more...bombastic, I guess. Or maybe more vulgar, knowing the word drokk. That's...good anyway. Well...Jovis Drokk!   :D
I know this is all good fun but it's maybe worth reminding our new friend that there really isn't a rule for this sort of thing. It's just what the writer thinks sounds good and there's no point in trying to draw a direct parallel between current words.

On top of that, swearing is notoriously difficult to translate or do properly in another language. I'm sure we've all heard the cautionary tale of the Polish engineer who could never remember where to put his arsehole or when he needed fucking.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tordelback on 28 July, 2016, 06:26:33 PM
'Soth!' is a personal fave that I use a lot. Nothing really beats 'sneck', but I also enjoy 'sweet Jovus son of Mavis'.
Soth is good but, for some reason, I've always thought it was somebody's name. Like Conan's "Crom!" It definitely isn't though.

I don't much care for "haunching."
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 July, 2016, 03:08:13 PM
Frack (of course, from BSG)
Not so sure about that. I was playing this game in 1984.
We never really die.

Dash Decent

Me too!

I've been waiting for a "No stomm, Sherlock!" to show up in one of the stories but I don't think anyone's done it yet.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Adventurer

Quote from: The Cosh on 29 July, 2016, 10:30:53 AM
'Soth!' is a personal fave that I use a lot. Nothing really beats 'sneck', but I also enjoy 'sweet Jovus son of Mavis'.
Soth is good but, for some reason, I've always thought it was somebody's name. Like Conan's "Crom!" It definitely isn't though.

I don't much care for "haunching."
Not so sure about that. I was playing this game in 1984.

Battlestar is from 1978. Granted then it was spelled 'Frack'.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Link Prime

These join my favourites from other SF sources:
Feth (Fething, feth you, etc - From Dabnett's WH40k series)
Nass; Grife; Sprock (From Dabnett/lanning's Legion of Superheroes series)
Kriff (Star Wars EU)
Gorram (Firefly)
Smeg (I know its not entirely fictituous word but in the ubiquitous way its used in Red Dwarf...)

Frell and Dren if you're a fan of puppets with Australian accents. I am.

The Adventurer

Grife
Sprock

From Legion of Super-Heroes

Shock

From Marvel's 2099

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

M.I.K.

Quote from: Fungus on 28 July, 2016, 07:35:08 PM
Scunnering is common Scots and therefore 'real'.

Hence 'The Scunner Campbell' in '80s telly programme, Supergran.

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 July, 2016, 04:32:49 PM
There was also 'fux' and 'vug' from Dredd, 'vuck' from some Si Spurrier one from the early 2000s, 'funk' from Savage, 'truck' from Nemesis and 'snut' from (possibly Millar only)  Robohunter. 

Nobody said they all had to be GOOD swear words.

Not sure if I'd consider 'simp' a swear word - it's more a lifestyle choice.
I wouldn't include simp (but would include dok and snut - from the first couple of years of Tooth, as somebody else pointed out).

sheridan

Crom is somebody's name (well, Conan's god's name, anyway).

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheridan on 01 August, 2016, 07:50:50 PM
Crom is somebody's name (well, Conan's god's name, anyway).
That was my point. From is; Soth isn't.
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

I was just wondering if any of our Caledonian friends here could tell me whether when Middenface used to call people 'ba'heid', did he actually mean testicle-head?  If so, it was a bit of a daring move for the prog of the 80s.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"