Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tankie

"one bloke with dodgy fingers"? Up yours, pal.

Old Tankie

Take the piss out of my views, but don't take the piss out of my disability, that's out of order.

TordelBack

I don't think anyone was taking the piss Tankie, just echoing your own remarks about the difficulty of composing lengthy replies, phrased in a light-hearted manner.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Theblazeuk
link=topic=28209.msg950491#msg950491
date=1490128865

Well to be fair Tankie and Sharks are the only ones here who argue the Leave case...

I advocate neither leave nor stay - I don't think it makes much difference either way - personal freedom/responsibility is my thing, not which set of elites to call Master.

That said, I would lean towards leave if pushed to choose, but only because it brings freedoms and responsibilities one step closer to the individual and not for any other of the reasons claimed by Brexiters, Bremainers, Brethinkers, Breturners, Breuniters or any Brugger else.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

Given the way things are going, the opposite is more likely. The executive is involved in a power grab.

NapalmKev

Champion of far-right Bullshit, Nick Griffin, wants to emigrate to Hungary. "Good riddance!" I hear you cry but I think it's a bit rich of the clown to abuse migrants and then try to become one himself! The double-standard Twat! If any country has a case for 'building a wall it would be Hungary, if only to keep the gobby racist bellend out!

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

TordelBack

Ah but Kev, you forget that all inferior nations must inevitably benefit from the addition of even one Englishman.  I imagine Nick will bring parliamentary democracy, a love of Shakespeare, the Anglican communion and a decent train network to those benighted Magyars.  It's not so much hypocritical immigration as it is Uplift.

GordonR

Quote from: NapalmKev on 22 March, 2017, 09:53:29 AM
Champion of far-right Bullshit, Nick Griffin, wants to emigrate to Hungary. "Good riddance!" I hear you cry but I think it's a bit rich of the clown to abuse migrants and then try to become one himself! The double-standard Twat! If any country has a case for 'building a wall it would be Hungary, if only to keep the gobby racist bellend out!

Cheers

I saw that story.  He also talks about the "emigre community" there.  Which sounds so much better than "immigrants", doesn't it?

Which is what Nick and his racist chums would be there.  Strange these grand titles - "ex-pats", "emigres" - only seem to apply to Brits moving abroad, and not anyone coming here.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 March, 2017, 10:06:49 AM
Ah but Kev, you forget that all inferior nations must inevitably benefit from the addition of even one Englishman.  I imagine Nick will bring parliamentary democracy, a love of Shakespeare, the Anglican communion and a decent train network to those benighted Magyars.

I think Hungary's increasing, and frankly alarming, lurches towards the right in recent years means that Dear Old Nick will find himself quite at home there.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Old Tankie on 21 March, 2017, 09:25:55 PM
Take the piss out of my views, but don't take the piss out of my disability, that's out of order.

I'm not taking the piss out of you at all Tankie, I'm saying we should all cut you some slack on your frustratingly short and obtuse responses because:

Quote from: TANKIEI tend not to give long replies as it is painful for me to type

My point is you've got a good reason for expressing yourself in short statements and not engaging with the complex responses people give to those short statements.

Hope that clears it up, sorry that you think I'm taking the piss out of you.

Old Tankie

No problem, Thank you for responding.

Theblazeuk

Ah good, I hate it when it gets all acrimonious on here!

JayzusB.Christ

Griffin becomes an immigrant:  The mind boggles.

Also, I thought he would have liked the new,improved, isolationist and unwelcoming Britain.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

I think Nick did something really bad so he bugger off to Turkey!

Spikes

I was kinda hoping he'd fell off the Earth, as his profile of late had been pretty non-existent.

There is a word that perfectly sums up this piece of work, but I will not use it.