Main Menu

Judge dredd complete case files volume 5 help!!

Started by Polygon grunt, 23 November, 2012, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactus

Putting aside all the drama and the group hugs, the news is that Case Files 5 is out of print now but will be back in shops very soon? That's great, because one of my friends is dipping into the series and that's the one I recommended he get next.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

jannerboyuk

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 November, 2012, 04:46:11 PM
Quote from: The Bissler on 26 November, 2012, 02:59:09 PMLet's not shut down peoples' right to an opinion, people debating their feelings about Dredd / 2000AD keeps them engaged in the comics/graphic novels and hopefully keep buying these wonderful books (US and UK editions alike)!
To clarify something, no-one's right to an opinion and debate is being shut down on this forum. What we've asked for since day one is for people to be constructive in any criticism and to moderate their language. People should never be afraid of saying something like "I really don't think the new series of Space Opossum doesn't hit the mark. The bit where he built the giant hat out of jelly just made no sense, and the artwork just feels hurried compared to the previous volume," but we so often here get "SPACE OPOSSUM SUCKS! I HOPE THE WRITER DIES OF OPOSSUM WORMS!"

Note: I'm not suggesting Polygon grunt was that bad, but he's realised the wording he used could have been a lot better. I guess the point for people is to write, take a step back, reread once or twice and then post, rather than posting with red fury over their eyes.
Fair enough. I suppose part of the problem is an opinion expressed by a mod can seem official and put a different tone on things when of course mods can express their opinion as much as anyone. Opossum worm infestation sounds serious, hope there is a cure!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 26 November, 2012, 07:50:57 PMOpossum worm infestation sounds serious, hope there is a cure!
You have to send in an opossum, but that just opens up another can of worms.

jannerboyuk

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 November, 2012, 08:53:45 PM
Quote from: jannerboyuk on 26 November, 2012, 07:50:57 PMOpossum worm infestation sounds serious, hope there is a cure!
You have to send in an opossum, but that just opens up another can of worms.
then the old lady swallowed an opossum, I don't know why she swallowed...

FinH

Off-hand , misconstrued bits of hyperbole aside, I know how the original poster feels; my Case Files 1 and 2 are the American versions and, whilst there's nothing wrong with the Dredd heads per se, it does sort of ruin the classic, handsome uniform look of the collection.

TheBalzan

As my first vote on the forums I'm slightly nervous to say that I 100% understood what Polygon Grunt meant. It had nothing to do with the artwork but that it was the wrong one. Every other way of reading is a touch overly sensitive ;)
Maybe I just empathise with them as I am also struggling to find the UK version of v.5 and can only find the US one.
Though my troubles are worse where Australian brick and mortar only seems to import the US versions of the earlier volumes and that's all.
I did see word of it being reprinted earlier in the thread (inbetween the drama), any idea how long it takes between printing runs and getting it in my greedy hands?