Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

TordelBack

I'm spending ridiculous amounts of my limited processor capacity agonising over the purchase of this figure. I want it. But I'm 45. I want it. But I owe lots of people lots of money. I want it. But my kids deserve some kind of holiday this year. I want it. But I still haven't paid preliminary tax for this year. I WANT IT. BUT I'M 45. And so on.

I keep visualising the kids finding it in a box in the attic when they're sorting out my crap after after my funeral, and wondering what kind of arsehole their father was to insist he needed to work all the time, and then spent the proceeds on giant dolls.

I think I will admire it from afar as the platonic Dredd it is.

TheTooN

Gregory's already said a 1/6th Lawmaster is a possibility but it will very much depend on how successful Dredd's pre-order is. I see a lot of 'very' interested folk wherever I go online so fingers crossed.

Unless they limit it to 1/person I'll order 2 on Thursday, display one with each faceplate, one with the MK1 the other with the Lawrod. BPP on the 3A Forum suggested they do a RICO badge as a cheap and easy way to add a second character which I think is a great idea.

I hear you Tordelback, my Missus is getting antsy with me over 2000ad toy spending. We waited all these years and it seems like buses, they all came at the same time. Things look like they will slow right down now tho with Mezco seemingly done and 3A 1/12th due to delays.

ted5536

Very excited just grabbed the 1/6th Dredd, Q2 2017 is going to be a long wait. I am sure when it comes it will be extremely well done.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: ted5536 on 29 September, 2016, 03:15:49 AM
Very excited just grabbed the 1/6th Dredd, Q2 2017 is going to be a long wait. I am sure when it comes it will be extremely well done.
Congrats, but sadly I'm in a different boat. I'll have to pre-order it via BBTS. it will give me time to save up enough spare cash. Hopefully enough to get me 2 Dredd's  (play and display and to keep minty mint freash.)

Atreides

Ahhh... Ordered and now i can relax that i payed $200 for a Dredd figure which i will slowly forget about that i ordered.. Then I will get a nice suprise in a year or two!
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

moly

Typical day this is available to order I get an email from PCs confirming shipping of dredd on lawmaster to much merchandise not enough money oh well credit cards were made for this

Mikey

If anyone fancies not having to front the cost immediately and get some time to gather the funds, In Demand Toys have Dredd up now on their site - it's a UK seller and I've used them before, so happy to recommend them.

http://www.idtoys.co.uk/threea-3a-2000ad-judge-dredd-1-6-scale-figure/
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TheTooN

Ordered a couple, such a long wait tho :(

What was in the email from PCS moly ? Turns out they were sending correspondence to an ancient email addy that 'was' attached to my paypal when I ordered. Not heard from them since and assume they are still using it. If its just notification that its on the way I dont need to worry about it.

Thats a cracking price Mikey !! I'll spread the word on Facebook. Actually cheaper than ordering from Bamba based on the shitty paypal rate of $1.25/£.

James Stacey

Quote from: Mikey on 29 September, 2016, 10:22:01 AM
If anyone fancies not having to front the cost immediately and get some time to gather the funds, In Demand Toys have Dredd up now on their site - it's a UK seller and I've used them before, so happy to recommend them.

Thanks Mikey, that's much more acceptable than the Bambaland route. (pre)Ordered

Mikey

Happy to be of service! I really, really hope it does well but also that it's not a totally mental wait - though I've learned to be patient with these things...

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

James Stacey

Contrary to what probably comes across with my previous posts, I'm more than happy to wait. I'm a patient soul. Just not so much when they have 100s of pounds and make no effort to communicate.

moly

Hi thetoon the email said it was being despatched with deliver next week at least until customs intercept them

Andy_Lee

Quote from: Mikey on 29 September, 2016, 10:22:01 AM

Damn you Mikey, now I'm properly tempted. Thanks for the link

Pete Wells

The good news is that Matthew that owns IDToys ran out of stock and had to reorder. Looks like the figure is selling well!