Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Yortlebluzzgubbly was taken! on 22 September, 2016, 09:17:41 AM
Contrast this with the way that Cam Kennedy's characters in Dark Empire, while far looser in terms of resemblance to the screen actors, are still very much the characters themselves, they just happen to be drawn by Cam.

How's the prospect of Kev Walker on a Star Wars series grabbing you, [insert relevant username for Tordelback here]?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Michael Knight

I would love to know how much replacing all these issues is costing them. I'm certainly glad i never subscribed based on some of what I've read on here regarding damaged books etc. My trusty Thrill merchant holds mine with TLC!  :) 

IndigoPrime

I imagine not that much. Early on, I was more overt about getting replacements, but I can't be arsed now, unless the problems are really big. Also, only one book was a proper screw-up (Total War) for a big number of people. (An incorrect back cover is one thing, but impossible to read text is another entirely.)

Michael Knight

you probably right mate. Have to say though from mates that get other part works they produce the 'mega collection' is not alone in receiving shoddy customer service lol. Kind of feel sorry for their employees that must get a lot of complaints.  :'( 

IndigoPrime

To be fair, I've found Hachette's customer service good on the whole. In the early days of the collection, it was extremely good. I'd ask for a replacement on Facebook and it would show up in a week. They didn't seem to care about returns either. Now, responses take longer and it appears they don't always understand the problem or even written English, and so I'm not sure where first-line support is based. (See elsewhere on the forum the response I got to a query about the Transformers partwork, which was almost performance art.)

Printing cock-ups happen, so that's not a Hachette thing. I don't really care about the messed up back cover, but Total War was a pity – and the replacement I got was not in great shape and still had issues. My overall problem remains, as I've banged on about, the packaging not being strong enough to stop damage before the books get to me. This again isn't something specific to Hachette, but I wish they'd padded the boxes a little. I'd have happily paid an extra quid a book for better packaging. (Although, as noted by others here, said issue appear relatively random and infrequent.)

Michael Knight

IndigoPrime Transformers part work? Who? What? Where?  :)

IndigoPrime

Michael Knight

Indigo Prime Cheers mate. This news has brightened up a horrible day for me  :)

Trent

Cover and credits for Wilderlands is up presumably as vol 48 so the delivery after next.
Credits are as expected and hopefully the volume will cover the story up to Voting Day. Adds up to 209 pages by my count so perfectly possible given sone recent volumes. I did wonder about some tales in the early days of the collection where art content seemed to hover around 180 pages unless there was substantial black and white content but recent books have pushed the content. Particularly pleased by volumes such as PJ which I fully expected to be missing stories purely due page count.

Apestrife

Pete D on art should mean well get Death of a legend? Wonder if itll cover the meg episodes, or just the progs?

Trent

Not necessarily, Doherty did the Tenth Planet prologue in the Meg which is sure to be included.
That said, it would be a real shame if Death of a Legend is not in the collection and this would seem the most logical place for it.

Trent

On the official website the question keeps cropping up re an extension to the series which has always had a straight bat "nothing planned at this time"response.
Latest posting received the same answer but with a tantalising "but watch this space" coda which is the nearest we've had yet to suggest there may be life after volume 80 but how many and in what form remains unknown.
I've been using this collection as part of my motivation for keeping well longer so any extension is viewed as a potential life extension as well.
Bit dramatic but sounds like good news may be coming.

Tony Angelino

Its possible they could relaunch the series and reprint other 2000 AD stories or some of the classic IPC acquisitions.

Trent

Indeed, there has been some discussion on the thread but the concensus seems to be that the breadth and relative obscurity of many stories/characters plus the heavily serialised nature of many strips which would make incomplete printing problematic, combine to make a similar collection of 2000AD stories unlikely.
They could do selected characters such as Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper and ABC Warriors but I would have thought a further 20 volumes of Dredd-verse material would be easy enough to fill. The current collection will only cover 50 to 60% of potential material so much will remain as well as more recent stories (Dead Zone, the rest of Titan, Every Empire Falls arc, The Cop, Lawless, Storm Warning, Boo Cook and later Anderson, Angelic etc etc).
Bear in mind we have another 35 volumes left which is nearly another year and a half of yet to be printed material some of which could also then be included.

Apestrife

Quote from: Trent on 29 September, 2016, 12:21:05 AM
Not necessarily, Doherty did the Tenth Planet prologue in the Meg which is sure to be included.
That said, it would be a real shame if Death of a Legend is not in the collection and this would seem the most logical place for it.

that or the rad desert shark book.