Main Menu

Fear the Walking Dead

Started by Goaty, 30 March, 2015, 08:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 May, 2015, 02:31:16 AM
Those were the webisodes that were placed between seasons. They're already on the forum, around the time they aired, if I remember correctly.

You are correct. I remember you posting the links to them long ago because I watched them all. And then just as now I remember thinking that I'd lap up any kind of post-apocalyptic urban zombie fare. That's why I'm looking forward to yet more Walking Dead, no matter how tedious it can get at times. I love the idea of multiple-yet-unconnected perspectives from the same scenario.

COMMANDO FORCES

Albion

Exclusive to BT TV when they launch their AMC channel in September.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Link Prime

Quote from: Albion on 27 July, 2015, 11:21:14 AM
Exclusive to BT TV when they launch their AMC channel in September. Torrentz

A bit bizarre that Fox UK won't be broadcasting this. Ah well.

Professor Bear

I might watch this as it sounds like a complete rip-off of The Strain, which at only one season has yet to outstay its welcome in the same way The Walking Dead has.

COMMANDO FORCES

This hit the telly for our American chums the other night. It's not hit a lot of facebook feeds as of yet.

ThryllSeekyr

Is this the correct thread for posting reviews about this one. As I found the first episode on last night.

Even the different setting on the west coast was just enough to throw this one out a little for me. I used to the backwards less populated places. Even Atlanta seems more country (Sorry, if any of the locals find that insulting or just plain dumb!)  than Los Angelus, (Thinking of the transition from Buffy to Angel here, but even those places were much closer (A hours drive by Van according to Oz) and scrapping the analogy right there!)   

I was think just now (As well!) that this is supposedly going to be more Gangsta than Hick, but not really....It just hard to get used TWD with a new cast of characters. I though cameo from Merl and Daryl (Derl!) might be welcome, if impossible or at least one of the other characters that were later introduced to the series via travelling east from west?

Still too early in the show to be making any more judgement about it except that I thought it stuck to slow reveal of what was going on much longer than they did in the original series. [spoiler] The first Walker as some young woman who was just eating somebody in a church. Still very much human, and not so much a Rotter (A name I came up with last night while watching!) with that faint spark of cannibalism in her eyes.  Still kind of hot looking....before the Latino (Only assuming, but hard to tell which is which unless they're white or dark!) dude who notices her and runs for his life. Not giving any more of this away, except his looks seem degrade ever so slightly as he escapes from his hospital bed, finds a old contact of his who he eventually kills. It might be the drugs he was given......but he looks more degraded and less homely as this episode progress's. Not sure if he was infected, but not so much as bad as the other guy. The Walker who shocks the other too into a startling realistation when he rises for the third time after being shot, then run over, and sent flying into one of those cement cannels that run like a dry river bed through some of the more well known parts of the city (Only well by film and that GTA San Andreas game, even if that isn't exactly the same place.) and with the lower half of face missing any flesh. His eyes pale like so many others of his kind.[/spoiler]

Sorry, if that spoils it for you, but I did use a spoiler.

locustsofdeath!

Fear the Walking Dead: a bit dull with all that "character building". I'll give it another episode or two. I hope they invoke the LA Rodney King Riots with the storyline - I always felt a zombie retelling of the riots would be fantastic.

So the druggie kid - was the actor impersonating Johnny Depp or impersonating Skeet Ulrich impersonating Johnny Depp? ...

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 August, 2015, 12:04:13 AM
Even the different setting on the west coast was just enough to throw this one out a little for me. I used to the backwards less populated places.

Good sir, here on the East Coast we are not backwards. Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Washington DC, ect, are all cities that compare to Los Angeles. Having also lived in California (San Diego) for several years I can assure you that there are as many hicks in California as there are anywhere else in the US.

Also, Atlanta is the in the south. Not East Coast at all, its on the Gulf Coast.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 25 August, 2015, 02:27:20 PM

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 August, 2015, 12:04:13 AM
Even the different setting on the west coast was just enough to throw this one out a little for me. I used to the backwards less populated places.

Good sir, here on the East Coast we are not backwards. Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Washington DC, ect, are all cities that compare to Los Angeles. Having also lived in California (San Diego) for several years I can assure you that there are as many hicks in California as there are anywhere else in the US.

Also, Atlanta is the in the south. Not East Coast at all, its on the Gulf Coast.

So, You've been on both sides, so you obviously not!

In this show and a few others like it, there were shown more signs of urban decay in the parts of L.A. than there were in Atlanta before the epidemic hit. Assuming it's a bigger sprawl. (is it?) Without looking at maps to compare. I always assume, the bigger the city or sprawl, the more slums....

Atlanta is on the east side.....correct?

Yet, further inward, behind Florida on the coast.

If there are hicks everywhere, then I figured there are more in the less populated areas closer to the mid west?

Anyway, I've never been to the states.......are they really that much more free than part of world?

Despite nobody saying so, I suppose I should scratch my head at foreign folks who think we live in the outback and keep kangaroos/koalas as pets.

locustsofdeath!

The "East Coast" stretches down to the Carolinas...then it becomes the "South". The South is much much different than what folks here would consider the East Coast (where the actual Yanks all live). People from Atlanta would be just as upset about being lumped in with East Coasters as us East Coasters would be upset about those bumpkins being lumped in with us.

California is huge, and has much rural and backwoods area. There are deserts as well as deep forests. California has several populated hubs - the rest is very rural. Lots of dudes in big trucks, lots of hicks in tight jeans, haha.

ThryllSeekyr

So, Cali is more Hick than most places in the States. Should have known from days of play ing San Andreas and travelling behind hills.....

Sorry, if I offended, okay.

Tjm86

Quote from: Albion on 27 July, 2015, 11:21:14 AM
Exclusive to BT TV when they launch their AMC channel in September.

So not many folks over this side of the pond going to be watching then?  Bugger.  Wait for the DVD release then.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 August, 2015, 05:53:49 AM
Sorry, if I offended, okay.

No offense at all. Truth be told there are hicks or hillbillies in every state. Here in Pennsylvania where I live, all around the cities people are "cultured" but then outside the cities the lay turns to countryside really fast and you find hillbillies everywhere (see the original Dawn of the Dead - that's exactly how it is). Even New York state is like this.

Proudhuff

LOD, how long have you work for the US tourist office?
DDT did a job on me

locustsofdeath!

I'm paid by post count.

Here in the Northeast Pennsylvania (NEPA for short) town called Kingston we have no fewer than 37 pizza parlors, 42, hoagie joints, 63 dive bars, and 2 comic book shop that sell 2000AD (in monthly bundles). Come visit.