Main Menu

Ash Vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

Started by Goaty, 01 June, 2015, 04:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ncef44CHrI

Starz has dropped a fresh teaser for this year's Ash Vs. Evil Dead, the long-awaited sequel series to Sam Raimi's cult classic horror trilogy. Raimi, original producer Bob Tapert and star Bruce Campbell are all back to executive produce the show, which picks up with the bumbling Ash some thirty years later.

Raimi directs the first of ten episodes, which he co-wrote with his brother Ivan, with Ash in dire straits as a new plague of Deadites threatens mankind. As before, his reluctance to engage them is countered when trouble comes knocking. This time, it's the mysterious Ruby (Lucy Lawless), who believes he's to blame for the Evil outbreak, and State Trooper Amanda Fisher (Jill Marie Jones) who believes he's responsible for the death of her partner. 

locustsofdeath!

Saw this Friday last week. Neat to hear Bruce Campbell as Ash again.

After Raimi, anyone heard which other directors are having a crack at this?

Hawkmumbler

Prity much my favourite horror comedy saga of all time so this will deffinelty be watched by myself once it's of Freeview

M.I.K.

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 01 June, 2015, 04:49:21 PM
Saw this Friday last week. Neat to hear Bruce Campbell as Ash again.

After Raimi, anyone heard which other directors are having a crack at this?

So far, I only know that Rick Jacobson is directing an episode, (nope, I hadn't heard of him either).

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Goaty

First pic, Chainsaw hand is back!

Proteus4

My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Hawkmumbler

I AM SO, SOSOSOSO READY FOR THIS!!!!

Keef Monkey

They've also confirmed that this Ash is still driving the car -

Getting very excited about this, it might be terrible but it could be so very, very good.

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

Haha! Better than what I thought! Loved that shotgun on standby!

NapalmKev

Looks very good, I'll certainly be watching.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mardroid

Yep! The link appeared to be broken for me, but that might just be because I'm using an Amazon device.

This one worked.

I love that seem to be keeping that blend of horror, gore and humour from the second film. [spoiler]The broken bottle bit though... sorry bit too much for me. Weirdly I can watch exploding heads and beheadings with chain-saws, and find it amusing, but the imagery of stabbing someone epeatedly in the jugular with a broken bottle disturbs me in a visceral way the other violence and gore doesn't.
[/spoiler]
Not to the extent that I wont watch it though. The pros outweight the cons for me. I've been waiting ages for a New Evil Dead film and this looks like it might be as good, if not better!