Main Menu

Ash Vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

Started by Goaty, 01 June, 2015, 04:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: Woolly on 05 October, 2015, 01:13:41 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 04 October, 2015, 09:34:59 PM
Little under a month away, and still no news for a UK broadcaster.

At this rate, the UK broadcaster will turn out to be Bittorrent! Or the Horror channel, which means the picture quality will be shite.

Somebody better pick this up, I don't want to break the law dammit!

Ahh, I have absolutely no problem doing that. I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD anyway.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Satanist

I am soooo looking forward to this. Hope the tone is more 2 than 3 but will take what I can get just for more Ash goodness.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 12 July, 2015, 12:04:15 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 11 July, 2015, 12:01:44 PM
I love that seem to be keeping that blend of horror, gore and humour from the second film.
Nothing strange about that - you're actually likely to encounter someone being threatened with a broken bottle - the other things you mentioned are much less common.

Hmm, the bit I was actually responding to was the spoilered, which has been completely missed out of the quote...

Goaty

Wow, it will debut on 31st October but now the studio just renewed it for Season 2!!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

It's a disgrace this still hasn't got a UK air-date. It's going to force people to pirate the show.

I suspect the real problem is the UK TV industry is so terrible it hasn't even noticed Ash vs Evil Dead is available, or if it has, it doesn't realise that anyone in the country would care.

Makes me fear for the Twin Peaks revival.

COMMANDO FORCES

That hit the spot perfectly. It had everything from the films and more and gets my seal of approval.

Hail to the King!

Mardroid

Where did you see it CF?

Actually I'll understand if you'd rather not tell me on a public forum... :lol:

M.I.K.

I couldn't wait. I have now also seen it.

They've done it right.

Dunk!

That was spot on. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell coming home to roost.

Hope the rest of the series directors are honed in Raimi-o-vision.

Hail, indeed, to the king!

Groovy.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

auxlen

Waaah waaah etc.
How the hell can I watch this??!?!
I don't do torrents so..anyone any clue?

Hawkmumbler

You would have thought one streaming sute or another would have swooped on this by now....

auxlen

I know...do TV people/streamers not know how much we love this stuff?
We will stream AND buy the DVD etc!!!!!

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Dunk! on 01 November, 2015, 09:03:35 AM
That was spot on. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell coming home to roost.

Hope the rest of the series directors are honed in Raimi-o-vision.

Hail, indeed, to the king!

Groovy.

Dunk!

Ditto all that - amazing return to form from Raimi and everyone clearly having a massive blast. What a treat. Again - hope it can maintain the energy!

Keef Monkey

Very frustrating it hasn't been picked up in the UK, as I avoid the whole download/torrent approach if at all possible. A friend ended up passing it onto me though, and when it came down to it I just couldn't wait, plus regardless of what this is like it's a given I'll be buying the box set (I own multiple versions of every Evil Dead movie so this is definitely going in the collection).

Loved it so damn much. So many great moments just in that first episode, and the whole thing was paced to perfection so that is ramped up in a really sublime way as it went on, to the point that I jumped off the sofa cheering and clapping at that perfectly executed final moment! Great to see Raimi be Raimi too, loved the shots in Ash's trailer with every character looking up to the ceiling while the camera corkscrewed down, he's lost none of his flair. A shame he isn't directing more episodes in this run (I don't think).

Very, very happy this is a thing that is happening.