Main Menu

Ash Vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

Started by Goaty, 01 June, 2015, 04:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 24 November, 2015, 02:12:50 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 24 November, 2015, 01:59:51 AM
At last... not too long to wait in the UK!

Okay, I did watch the first two episodes illegally, but I then decided to wait for a legitimate route. (Partly due to my conscience, and partly due to the poor quality and annoying pop up ads online.)

And for the bulk of the country without Virgin... ?

Oh, I know but its still a step up. Many Americans were also saying "and those of us without Starz?".

I don't think many of us expected it to appear on Freeview or terrestrial telly first, did we? If it appeared on Sky instead, others would complain they do not have Sky.

Even for those of us with Virgin Media it appears to be on their On Demand service. And those often come with a charge.

Once it's here, I'm sure it'll become available on Google Play or Amazon or iTunes at some point.

Mardroid

[img]Just found out, 1st Dec start. So not long at all.]1st Dec start.[/url] So not long to wait at all.

Mardroid

Update.

In a nutshell, they're releasing the first five episodes On Demand tomorrow. (Probably because they'll be five episodes in by then in the States.)

Then from the ninth they're releasing them weekly after that.

PsychoGoatee

This show is completely awesome. Bruce Campbell unleashed like this is a thing of beauty. Keep this on for years! (Already renewed for a second season at least!)

Groovy.

Mardroid

Yes, I've consistently enjoyed it since the beginning*, although I've read quite a bit of negativity elsewhere on the web. (To be fair it was a fan-site forum, and I think those guys expectations are very high. Although I haven't seen much issues in that regard either.) Even those guys seemed to universally like the latest episode "Killer of Killers" though. Completely understandable, it's a real cracker.

*I haven't liked everything that occurs in the episodes, but my overall reaction has been positive.

CrazyFoxMachine

....whereas this (sorry, coming straight over from the JJ thread) kicks some serious arse. Obviously it's quite top-heavy (first ep being Raimi and all) but despite pulling in focus purely to the core team in the latter episodes it still keeps up a relentless pace. Absurdly slapstick gore of the type not seen since Braindead, every character makes a strong impact (on sharp things normally), there's lovely music and Bruce Campbell was BORN for this.

Pure enjoyment. Groovy.

Dunk!

This series could only be improved with the appearance of [spoiler]some Lucy Lawless ashen side boob.[/spoiler]

Oh wait...

Perv!...Erm, I mean Dunk!
"Trust we"

Keef Monkey

It's on Virgin Media but locked off to my package (I'm guessing I'd need to upgrade to the full telly pack for it, which I'm not doing for one show). They can get my money when the blu-rays come out, which I'll definitely be buying because I'm loving it.

Only just got round to Episode 3 and it was fantastic, thought the design of the demon in particular was brilliantly well done.

COMMANDO FORCES

WOW! Now that's how you handle a shock scene, that you never saw coming :'(