Main Menu

Doctor Who Season 9

Started by Goaty, 09 July, 2015, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: M.I.K. on 13 August, 2015, 03:25:38 PM
Yup. Makes me wonder if a [spoiler]robot dog[/spoiler] will show up too.

I instantly thought of Toby, but then realised what context that was in...

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 July, 2015, 10:25:49 PM
Almost certainly the daughter from the RTD era, who was a Miffat written character

If you're referring to the eponymous character from the episode "The Doctor's Daughter" then that wasn't a Moffat written character. That episode was written by a writer called Stephen Greenhorn.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Moffat has claimed Maisie Williams will not be playing a returning character.

M.I.K.

He also said "She's not someone from the Doctor's past. Unless I'm lying!"

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: M.I.K. on 15 August, 2015, 05:25:51 PM
He also said "She's not someone from the Doctor's past. Unless I'm lying!"

Which he could well be doing. Personally I'm happy enough to wait and see what happens.

CrazyFoxMachine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0326pdj/doctor-who-new-series-prologue

New teaser thing as I'm sure y'all have seen. Anyone getting a bit fatigued by these sorts of "OH DOCTOR YOUR DARKEST DAY IS YET TO COME, HE SHALL RISE AT THE FALL OF THE RISE. YOU'VE BEEN RUNNING, RUNNING AND HIDING AND JUMPING AND RUNNING DOCTOR BUT YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER. NOT FROM THE RISE. YOUR END WILL FALL AT THE RISE.

D- come back here, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE. I MEAN, NO ONE IS GOING TO DIE OR ANYTHING AND IT WON'T REALLY MAKE SENSE AND IT PROBABLY NOT GET TIED UP IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY. DOCTOOORRRR!"

</cynicism>

CrazyFoxMachine

on the other hand... Capaldi <3

Dandontdare

Indeed

I consciously try NOT to think too much about the plot, series arcs and continuity of nu-who; but I find that if I let it all wash over me, I can still get immense enjoyment from the show, just from individual moments of brilliance (which, come to think about it, is how a kid watches telly).

Capaldi has said that David Bowie and Keith Richards would be his dream guest stars - I'd like to see that!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 September, 2015, 07:53:53 PM
New teaser thing as I'm sure y'all have seen. Anyone getting a bit fatigued by these sorts of "OH DOCTOR YOUR DARKEST DAY IS YET TO COME, HE SHALL RISE AT THE FALL OF THE RISE. YOU'VE BEEN RUNNING, RUNNING AND HIDING AND JUMPING AND RUNNING DOCTOR BUT YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER. NOT FROM THE RISE. YOUR END WILL FALL AT THE RISE.

:lol: :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Goaty

Oh well. Honest I think The Silence season was the best. too many twists and awesome moments.

von Boom

I'll be going to the Doctor Who: Dark Water/Death in Heaven preview on Wed. It's a lot of money to see two episodes I've already seen, plus a short preview, but I a new series brings new hope...

Goaty

Hand mine, that was so creepy and name of the boy...  :o

Goaty

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah, not a bad opener - even a Whocynic such as myself found a lot to like here.

I blame it entirely on the Mott the Hoople reference.

JamesC

It's always a bit of a thrill, despite everything, to see the Daleks on screen.
It's just a shame that the script has to be so embarrassingly, tragically, shit.

Leigh S

Hrrrmmph

Didn't like that at all, slightly because prefer Doctor Who pre-continuity (Destiny of the Daleks?), but mostly because [spoiler]I cannot credit that the Doctor would for a minute leave DAvros to die - it's such a fundamental misreading of the character (as I see him, admittedly), underscored by the precise Fourth Dr quote on the dilemma that immediately sprang to mind.  Plus, he knew Davros must get out, so leaving him was only going to be a contributing factor to events[/spoiler]

Caveat being that I watched it with a very scared 6 year old (so doing something right!) who may have distracted me from the plot to the degree I got it balls up side down