Main Menu

Stephen Watson of Paisley to Appear on 15 to 1 - 14th October

Started by Buttonman, 17 September, 2015, 09:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Those of you living in a cave may not yet of heard that I am due to appear on Channel 4's premier quiz show 15-1 within the next month.

Followers of my quiz show career will remember my appearance on Weakest Link in which I emerged [spoiler]triumphant [/spoiler]. Recent heart issues were no obstacle to a new attempt for glory and the tasty £40k prize.

I am embargoed from giving you the result but it was exciting stuff and I am in at least one memorable episode (you only get one show if you make the 3 person final and get up to 3 attempts).

Dog Deever of this parish deserves the credit (blame) as he gave me the flyer shown below at Glasgow Comic Con.

I chose to break out my lucky plum jumper for the occasion and wardrobe issues again formed the basis of many of my anecdotes.

Anyway the new series starts tomorrow and I'm on Show 19 and possibly others. Set your series link now as it's  on at 3pm in the afternoon so unless you are a comic writer or glue sniffer you are unlikely to catch it at random.

The date I have been given for my first appearance is Wednesday 14th October at 3pm. but it does sometimes get bumped for the racing.

I you have any questions about Sandi Toksvig, meeting Jeremy Vine and 3 Eggheads or the standard of the green room hospitality please list them below. Orderly queue now!

Professor Bear

COMMANDO FORCES

Us night workers shall watch it live, well recorded live.

Tiplodocus

I was all over the BBC coverage of Proms in the Park from Glasgow Green.  If you add up the number of times you see me in the crowd, I reckon I've got more screen time than Godzilla had in that last Godzilla movie.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 17 September, 2015, 09:33:34 PM
I am embargoed from giving you the result

The lack of a current "Wot I ate in Vegas" thread might assist the Poirot minded in their investigation.

Regardless- hope you did well Stephen!

Buttonman

Alas my trip to Norfolk is more related to the 'Wot I ate in hospital' thread than anything else!

I can also confirm that the lucky winner of 15-1, whomever that may be, doesn't see the cash until the show is transmitted. Probably in case they accidentally wipe the tapes or Sandi gets done or shoplifting or something.

Link Prime

Satanist

Ok I am leaving this thread for fear of spoilers. I much prefer my gameshow related tales straight from the horses mouth down the pub (for the next 10 years).

Fingers crossed you've once again done the Squaxx proud
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Satanist on 18 September, 2015, 11:03:03 AM
Ok I am leaving this thread for fear of spoilers. I much prefer my gameshow related tales straight from the horses mouth down the pub (for the next 10 years).

Yeah - I've heard Buttonman's WEAKEST LINK story five times now. I've only met him twice.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 September, 2015, 01:42:11 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 18 September, 2015, 11:03:03 AM

Yeah - I've heard Buttonman's WEAKEST LINK story five times now. I've only met him twice.

Proper little jailer's pet, aren't we?
DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

Buttonman

We are now just a week away! Set those series planners, SKY+ boxes, your Gran's video.

Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th October on Channel 4 at 3pm is the time and place you have to be. I'm missing the live broadcasts as I have a course on but all questions will be answered, all slaggings received and all abuse regarding the picking of unfortunate victims will be taken right here on this thread.

Further notifications will doubtless follow...

COMMANDO FORCES

Typical, Wednesday is comic shop day. I better wander down after you display your quiz prowess to the country.